Flipgrid - Hottest Tech Tool Around
J2 Training - Janet Corder & Joan Gore
Please download the Flipgrid app if you are on a mobile device.
Flipgrid is now 100% FREE! Yahoo!
Flipgrid is a video response tool that is used to create discussions among all students within your classroom. Teachers post a topic or question via text or video and the students respond to the prompt. Flipgrid also gives students the ability to comment on their classmates' responses.
- All of your videos are located in one location.
- You can Freeze a Topic to continue sharing the videos but prevent new recordings.
- Student comments can be turned on or off.
Flipgrid Certified Grid (password is Flipgrid)
- Have students draw pictures of characters in a book or story then create a talking picture of their character in ChatterPix. Upload the ChatterPix file to Flipgrid.
- Use the filters in Snapchat to create a video to upload into Flipgrid.
- Explain a Science experiment.
- Tell how to solve a math equation step-by-step.
- Have teachers create a video introducing themselves and their class to new students.
- Have students welcome new students to their school.
- Exit Tickets
- Book Talks
- Padlet of Flipgrid ideas
- 15+ Ways to Use Flipgrid in Your Class
Flipgrid Tutorials/Blog/Tweets Posts:
- Tony Vincent's Review of Flipgrid - with helpful tips
- Using @Flipgrid in Online #APCalculus to Allow Students to Verbalize Their Thinking Process
- FlipHunt Adventures
- Searchable Help Center
- Flipgrid Blog
- Flipgrid on Twitter
- Flipgrid on Facebook
- Flipgrid help for Students & Parents
- Flipgrid YouTube Channel
- Flipgrid Response Cheat Sheet
- Flipgrid Plan Sheet
Create a QR Code
Create a QR Code that links to your Grid or Topic! Click the Share option and choose QR Code.
Share and find Topic templates that have been submitted by educators from around the world. All subject areas and grade levels are included.
A MixTape is a place to showcase student videos. Create a MixTape and add videos from any Topic to build your custom playlist. Read more about MixTapes here.
Connect with other Flipgrid educators and classrooms around the world with #GridPals! Read more about #GridPals in this guide by Bonnie McClelland.
Use the power of Flipgrid's camera with Shorts. You can easily share quick videos with anyone, anywhere in the world! Click here to learn more about Shorts.
Flipgrid Best Practices
A Flipgrid Fliphunt is an engaging way to get your students moving and having fun while exploring the curriculum. It is basically a video-based scavenger hunt using Flipgrid. Follow the creator of Fliphunts, Kathi Kersznowski - @kerszi.
- You can find Fliphunts by subject area at this community crowdsourced grid.
- Also, search the Disco Library (at the top of your Flipgrid page) for Fliphunts!
Examples and Ideas:
- Conference Fliphunt
- Geometry Fliphunt
- Skeletal System Fliphunt
- Staff Fliphunt
- Geometric Scavenger Hunt
- Parent-Teacher Conference
- Zoo Fliphunt
- Student Conference
- PE Fliphunt
Let's Go on a Fliphunt!
- Open flipgrid.com. If you are on a mobile device, you will need the app.
- Enter j2training in the Enter a Code box.
- Choose a task, click the green + icon and record your answer.
Flipgrid AR (Augmented Reality)
Download the QR code of a Flipgrid video and scan with it the Flipgrid app to watch it in FlipgridAR. Make certain the QR code says has FlipgridAR above it:
- Log into your Educator account.
- Select a Grid by clicking on it.
- Scroll down to see a list of your Topics. Select a Topic by clicking its title.
- Scroll down to see a list of videos. Click the Share button for a video and download/print the QR code.
- You can now place a printed copy of the QR code on a student's work, picture, etc. and others can scan the code to view their individual video.
Directions to View the Video:
- Open the Flipgrid app on your mobile device and select the QR code option to scan the FlipgridAR code.
- The video will pop off the QR code and play right in front of you! Pinch to zoom in/out or select full screen, share or download.
Let's Go Shopping!
Great to amplify your voice in the classroom!
Lavalier Lapel Microphone
A plug and play condenser mic for IOS, Android, Mac.
Pop-Up Pod for Recording
Use this awesome pop-up pod as a recording studio!