Special Education News Update
April 11, 2016
Welcome Back from Break! Hope you enjoyed your time away from work!!!
"Suzy participated in her IEP by....(stating her strengths, talking about her transition goals, communicating a need for supports)"
Delete all Sign in and Notice pages that are attached to the Amendment from the original IEP (they are no longer relevant). Molly will include a new Notice Page for the Amendment with the Amendment date on it.
To create an Amendment, click on the latest finalized version of the document, go to more options (in the finalized document) and click create revision. The purpose will pop up as Amendment. List sections that will be amended, the date, and put a statement in the Other Considerations Page that clearly states the date you did the amendment, what you did and why.
Amendment Notification Process is the same as a regular IEP. Change it to review and notify Molly in Tienet that it is ready to be processed.
- Only one purpose can be checked on the REED. Either check ongoing (if not questioning eligibility) or check change (if questioning eligibility even if you don't end up changing the eligibility).
- Check the change eligibility box if there is a possibility that the student may no longer qualify (regardless if that is what the team ultimately decides or not).
- A REED does need to be completed if adding or removing services.
Students Transitioning to New Buildings in the Fall
- Please remember to include the programs and services for the next building on your IEP and invite relevant staff to your meeting
Great Work!!! Keep it up!!!
- Thank you!! You all are doing a fantastic job of not puting Full Time Special Education/Full Time General Education on the notice page as options considered (unless you truly did consider those as options).
- Great job documenting the options you truly did consider!!!