Journey Through Sixth Grade
Week of October 12th
- October 12th-13th-(Monday and Tuesday) Pink accessories for Breast Cancer Awareness
October 15-Founders Day Mass, 9:00 a.m. Don't forget to wear concert dress!
- October 16- 6th Grade Retreat at Mater Dolorosa (8:30 am-2:00pm)
- October 16- 6th Grade Boys Football and Girls Volleyball tournament
October 21 and 22-Parent Teacher Conferences, No school for students
- October 30- Half Day. Harvest Festival
- November 2-3: No School, Faculty Professional Days
New School Pledge
MJS students have been introduced to the new School Pledge, during Morning Prayer and Friday Families. Please take a few minutes to read the School Pledge with your student:
As a Mayfield Student, I accept responsibility for my actions and words. I honor God's creation and pledge to treat others with kindness, compassion, and respect.
Fall Conferences will be held October 21 and 22. Please refer to this flyer on conferences for more information. On both days there will be no school, but care will be available through Extended Programs. Contact Jason Wolfe for Extended Programs information.
Hopefully you have been able to schedule conferences online. Here are some helpful tips to make your conferences efficient and productive:
- Check all subject area grades on Schoology before your meeting. This will help you to see which teachers you really need to conference with and what you want to discuss. If you feel like you do not need to meet with a specific teacher at this time, please cancel your appointment online so that meeting time will become available to others.
- Talk to your child about their strengths, weaknesses, and goals for each class, as well as for the year.
6th Grade Retreat...Friday October 16th
Baylor B*, Krish, Adrian, Tristan M, Ryan, Dario*, Brandon M, Issac P, J.T.*, Diego*, Nick S.*, Matthew G, Quinn, Kenji, Owen, Gabriel B*, Garrett*, Will A., Ethan Y
* = Parent is Driving
Molly M, Peyton S, Michelle C, Kathryn M, Jamie P, Grace F, Kaylee Y, Tara R, Drew V, Becket K, Mercedes J, Grace G, Melody H, Siobhan C, Rebecca L, Isabel P, Lola F, Malia W, Elizabeth L, Avalon D, Trinity P, Carolyn L, Adrienne U, Grace H, Itzel S, Sofia F
*=Drivers to be confirmed by the PE department
Our Lady of Guadalupe...by Rebecca Leiva
"I was nervous when I arrived at the front office and got ready to hand out the bags. My Mom had also bought some apple and tangerines. As a group we decided that Maria and I would greet them and ask their bag numbers. Each student had a bag number that we would find for them and put a bag of food and some fruit in. Each student received two tangerines and an apple as well as a bag of other foods (previously bagged by 6th graders). Some kids had stars next to their name which meant they had brothers or sister to also feed. We gave them 2 bags of food and an extra apple and tangerine. Overall it was a great experience and I enjoyed helping the students."