SINGING IN THE MIX
FULL-VOICE MASTER WORKSHOP 2015
Pro Voice Training and Techniques
At Full-Voice, our mission is to provide vocalists with elite technical training, tools, information, and opportunities for their singing.
This innovative, intensive course, designed for the industry professional, provides advanced, hands-on training and information necessary for success as a top vocalist.
Voice teacher and vocal coach, Kurt Robinson, brings you the most valuable, successful, and effective singing techniques available.
1) Dramatically improve your vocal range and full voice production. Sing high notes beautifully and consistently without abusive pressure or strain.
2) Eliminate Vocal “Breaks” in your scale. Learn how to strengthen your middle voice and navigate smoothly through your transitions into several octaves of performance range.
3) Learn professional mix techniques. Unleash power and brilliance in your voice with daily warm-ups and successive weekly workouts that encourage and strengthen your contemporary “mix”.
4) Develop agility and lyricism in your singing with effective support exercises and challenging scale runs.
5) Learn stylistic nuances for singing specific genres, tone colors, and vocal effects.
6) Learn proper vocal technique to practice successfully and productively ON YOUR OWN. In a business where time is money, the provided methods and exercises will allow you to progress as a more independent and dynamic singer and performer.
Schedule and Syllabus:
Week 2: Head Voice
Week 3: Middle Voice
Week 4: Edge/Cry Sound
Week 5: Transitions
Week 6: Mix Workout
Week 7: Mix Types
Week 8: Power/Strengthening the Mix
Each singer will be encouraged to learn and digest 3 new song selections, demonstrative of the unique concepts covered.
1) Email Kurt@Full-Voice.com to secure your spot in this session.
2) 50% deposit due at sign-up (via Square Invoice).
3) Full remainder payment due by Monday, October 26, 2015 (First Class).
$55.00/class ($440.00 total). Price includes the entire 8 week program.
No refunds will be given.
*There are NO credits or refunds for missed class sessions*
Ripley Grier Studios
Monday, Oct. 26th, 3pm to Monday, Dec. 14th, 5pm
520 8th Ave
New York, NY
Kurt’s clientele have enjoyed thriving lead performances in some of the hottest Broadway productions and national tours, including Hamilton, Beautiful, On Your Feet, Gigi, Kinky Boots, After Midnight, Matilda, Motown, Murder Ballad, Bare, Rent, Godspell, Fela, A Christmas Story, Bonnie and Clyde, Newsies, Spider Man, American Idiot, Rock of Ages, The Addams Family Musical, Billy Elliot, In the Heights, Hair, Spring Awakening, The Color Purple, Hairspray, Wicked, The Lion King, Tarzan, The Little Mermaid, Phantom of the Opera, Dream Girls, Guys and Dolls, West Side Story, A Chorus Line, The Producers, Chicago, Spamalot, the Radio City Rockettes, Lord of the Dance, and more.
He has coached recording artists for the Republic Records, Columbia Artists, Jive, Def Jam, Epic, Atlantic, and Nickelodeon labels. Kurt's pop/rock/RB clients have toured internationally, received international radio airplay, and have ranked among the Top 20 Billboard charts.
Kurt maintains his private studio in New York City (est.2000) and works regularly with performers across the United States, in L.A., in Europe, and in Japan. He is voice professor in the music theater programs at NYU Tisch School of the Arts and Elon University specializing in contemporary singing. He taught at the Broadway Dance Center in New York City for 8 years, during which time he served as music director and vocal supervisor for SMASH choreographer Josh Bergasse.
Kurt is a headlining vocal coach for MSA Talent Agency NYC. He teaches master workshops for university and conservatory programs across the country and for the Jikei Group Music Conservatories in Tokyo, Japan. He holds a Master's in Vocal Performance from the Manhattan School of Music.