The Buzz...from the Busy Bees
Mrs. Slominsky's Class 2015-2016
It was great to see so many families at Family Fun Night on Friday. I know my kids slept great that night! I appreciate everyone who contributed to our class basket, to our game, and who helped make the night a success! We have such an amazing PTA!
I sent home the new April snack calendar last week. Please let me know if you need another copy. If your child's name isn't on the calendar, they will be one of the first kids to bring snack in May. Did I just write May? Wow! This year is flying by.
It's going to "bee" a great week!
Mrs. Michelle Slominsky
I am so impressed with the Busy Bee's writing. Students are really thinking of great ways to begin their stories. This week we'll move on to what I call the "Meaty Middle." We'll learn that the middle of our stories need to:
1. tell the story in order (can use transition words)
2. include details to help the reader understand
3. use juicy words to keep readers interested (adjectives)
First Grade - This week we'll continue learning to tell time to the half hour. Your child will be able to show time in multiple ways. For example, they can:
1. Show/Tell time on an analog clock
2. Show/Tell time on a digital clock
3. Write the time - ex: 4:30 = half past 4, 5:00 = five o'clock