High Point Alumnae Chapter
Weekly Message - January 6, 2014
Greetings My Wonderful Sorors,
I want to take this opportunity to thank you for being a member of the High Point Alumnae Chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., for all you have done over the past several months to make our chapter successful. I appreciate the hard work and support you have shown me as President. I look forward to the next six months as we continue to make a difference in our community.
A few reminders:
- Registration for Delta Days at the Nation's Capital ends on January 9, 2014.
- Deadline for registering for Founder's Day West is February 3, 2014. (Bring money to February chapter meeting or mail to PO Box before then. Additional information regarding Founder's Day is attached.
- Deadline for registration for Spring State Meeting is February 14, 2014. See attached letter for additional information.
Regional Conference Support
Sweetheart Dance Updates
Sweetheart Dance – Friday, February 7, 2014
9:00 pm – 1:00 am – High Point Country Club
Tickets are $35.00 each
Contact Soror Doris Jackson for ticket information
Sorors are encouraged to solicit and contribute items for the Silent Auction which will be held during the dance. Contact Soror Sharon Davis for additional information regarding the Silent Auction.
Collection dates for money and auction items
Thursday, January 23: 6:30pm – 7:30pm @ Carl Chavis Y
Thursday, January 30: 6:30pm – 7:30pm @ Carl Chavis Y
Saturday, February 1 @ chapter meeting. (This is the FINAL collection date to turn in money and unsold tickets).
From Social Action Committee
What do you know about the Affordable Care Act – and how it will affect
you? Join us to learn more.
2 opportunities to attend – January 9th or January 16th!
To register via email, please send your name, daytime phone number and
the day of the session you will be attending to
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 275-6090. Open to all women ages 18
Projects & Programs
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday Parade - Saturday, January 18, 2014 - 3:00 pm. Wear your "nalia"- line-up at 2:00 pm, corner of Brentwood & Green Streets. Contact Soror Erica Marion for additional information.
- Bring your contribution of $5.00 or $10.00 for Malaria nets to the February meeting.
- Paraphenalia Swap at February meeting. Sorors are encouraged to bring new or slightly used paraphenalia.
- Soros are asked to donate items for AJ Prep: Khaki pants for girls and boys (size 14/16), Polo style long and short sleeved shirts- blue, white, and gray (S, M and L) Items may be new or gently used.
- Membership committee will have chapter photos available at the February meeting for a donation of $10.00.
Message from South Atlantic Regional Nominating Committee Chair, Anita Powers-Branch
We are looking forward to having a full slate of candidates but we need your nominations. Please pass this information to your chapter members as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us as soon as possible. We are here to serve you.
Help us ensure we continue to have the best leadership in the South Atlantic Region.
Anita R Powers-Branch, Chair, Regional Nominating Committee
Message from Regional Director, Soror Andria Jeffries
Happy New Year!!! It is my hope that you had a joyous time doing the Christmas holiday.
Well, 2014 is already here (hard to believe) and there are lots I want to share with you.
First, let me say that the Regional Conference planning is in full force. The CALL TO CONFERENCE is available and posted on the Region Website in the Members section. The Raleigh Alumnae chapter is working very diligently in preparing for our arrival in July. Included is time sensitive information, so please share with EVERY member of the chapter.
There is a new "HOT OFF the PRESS" from Scholarship and Standards.These updates are available to all financial members via the national website in the Members Only Section under National Committee (Scholarship and Standards folder). (jjsarmbr13 - username & pw - d$tonty).
This current edition of “Hot Off the Press” includes:
D Honorary Members – Chapter Affiliation
D Policies and Procedures Review and Approval Timeline
D Amendment to the Chapter Service Area Policy
D Internal Audit – Elected Position