Week of January 4, 2016
Week of January 4th
- Teachers Return from Winter Break
- No School for Students
Tuesday, January 5th
- Students Return from Winter Break
Wednesday, January 6th
Thursday, January 7th
Friday, January 8th
- Birthday Friday
- Fifth Graders Visit RSMS - 9:45-1:00
- Elem Principal Quadrant Meeting at Kellison
- Friends of Fenton Game Night 5:30-8:30 p.m.
A Look Forward - Week of January 11th
- Dickens at Elem Principals' Meeting 8:30-12:00
- DuPree at Asst. Principals' Meeting 12:00-3:30
- TLC Meeting-3:30 in the library
Tuesday, January 12th
- Fifth Grade Instrument Fitting 1:00 at Kellison
- Vertical ELA/Math Committees-3:30 (Math Room 27, ELA Office)
- PSO Executive Board Meeting at 6:45 - library
Wednesday, January 13th
- Kindergarten Registration 8:30-6:30
- CCL Kindergarten Open House
- Sixth Grade Curriculum Night at RSMS
Thursday, January 14th
- Kindergarten Registration 8:30-3:30
- Teach Like a Champion Book Study 7:30 a.m. or 3:30 p.m.
Friday, January 15th
- Supply Lists Due to the Office
- Early Dismissal/Staff Development Day
- Registration Window Opens for Fifth Graders
Campus Intruder Video/Plan
January 12th: PSO Executive Board Meeting - Allow parents the opportunity to preview the video and ask questions. Parents not on the board will be invited to see the video.
January 19th: Preview the video at our staff meeting and discuss talking points as a large group.
January 20th-26th: Show the video to your students and have a discussion around the talking points the video provides.
January 27th: Conduct a school-wide intruder drill.
The Happy Teacher Challenge
Here are this week's challenges:
Monday, 1/4: Organize an area in your classroom that has become a bit chaotic (a drawer, bookcase, your desk, etc.).
Tuesday, 1/5: Give a compliment to a student who often seems to need redirection. Say it somewhere where other students might overhear.
Wednesday, 1/6: Write a funny joke on the board for your students to read when they enter the classroom.
Thursday, 1/7: Make a conscious effort to smile more today, especially at those students or adults who aren't having a great day. Smiles tend to be contagious.
Friday, 1/8: Don't do any work during your lunch today and don't feel guilty about it. Take this time to enjoy your teammates.