Lockport City School District
June Points of Pride from Superintendent Bradley
I want to thank everyone for their incredible efforts in making major shifts in the operation of the Lockport City School District during the coronavirus pandemic. I take comfort in knowing that each day brings us closer to being together once again. The kindness displayed over and over throughout our learning community was quite remarkable.
Please join me in congratulating the Class of 2020. These students deserve so much credit for handling the COVID-19 crisis with strength, unity, and resilience. As we all know, they were shortchanged of many memory making moments and they sacrificed heavily. But, the alternate graduation event was a time to celebrate their achievements in ways that were new and exciting.
I hope that the summer months are safe and enjoyable for you. At this time, there is no guidance available from the New York State Education Department (NYSED) or Governor Cuomo for the reopening of school in the fall. NYSED is conducting four regional task force meetings over the next several weeks to gather input from stakeholders across New York State. This will be used to provide guidance to school districts around mid-July. Once received, the Lockport City School District will begin to create a plan in compliance with guidance from federal, state, and local agencies. Please check the district website and email for updates throughout the summer months.
LHS SENIOR SPORTS AWARDS
Although the spring sports season was cut short due to COVID-19, Athletic Director Todd Sukdolak announced some "LION PROUD" news. LHS Senior Anthony Haak is the 2020 recipient of the Thomas Hewitt Award given by the Board of Directors at Mount St. Mary's Hospital. This prestigious award is given to one female and one male student from Niagara County who excel both in academics and athletics. A scholarship is provided to each recipient. Congratulations, Anthony!
The Annual Senior Sports Award Ceremony was conducted virtually this year. Many LHS senior students received recognition for their participation in the Lockport High School athletic program. The Fred B. Case award, Lockport High School's most prestigious award, was presented to seniors Jasmine White and Mark Crocker. Congratulations to Jasmine and Mark!
North Park Junior High National Junior Honor Society Induction Ceremony
Incoming Kindergarten iPad and Backpack Pick Up
- Wanda Alfonso - Teacher Aide
- Nancy Buffone - Math teacher
- Chris Busch - Social Studies teacher
- Kevin Clark - Science teacher
- Diane DeYoung - Art teacher
- Loretta DiCarlo - Special Education teacher (retiring February 2021)
- Susan Finney - Teaching Assistant
- Debra Jarka - School Secretary II (retiring July 2020)
- Deborah Laurendi - Special Education teacher
- Eugene Lewis - Head Custodian
- Dianne Lowrie - Elementary teacher
- Jan Metz - School nurse (retiring January 2021)
- Carmi Morris - Assistant Custodian
- Deborah Mosher - Teaching Assistant (retiring January 2021)
- Wendy Pecoraro - Special Education teacher
- Daniel Petock - Math teacher
- Maureen Pirrone - Account Clerk (retiring July 2020)
- Leslie Riddle - School Secretary II (retiring July 2020)
- Adrienne Sutton - Teacher Aide
- Tim Tolli - Elementary teacher
- Chris Tucker - English teacher
- Jaclyn Welch - Teaching Assistant
- Gary Wilson - Principal
- Kathy Yacos - Teacher Aide
- Debra Yager - Music teacher
- William Yarnes - Science teacher
LCSD Outgoing Board of Education Member
Thomas Fiegl has been a member of the Board of Education since 2005. He has served as the chairman of the Facilities Committee. Tom was also a member of the Grievance Committee and served as the District School Improvement Committee liaison. Thank you to Trustee Fiegl for his many years of service to the district. He was always LION PROUD!
In order to facilitate the sharing of ideas, BOCES released a webpage highlighting districts doing an exceptional job using their web resources. LCSD was recognized for their COVID-19 and Learning at Home websites.