The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of February 16-19, 2016
District Core Beliefs
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Bethune Key Actions
- We will use our District's core beliefs and philosophy to develop a culture of feedback and support to increase the quality of instruction.
- We will improve the quality of Instruction across all content areas and for each sub-group by engaging students in rigorous work and higher order thinking skills.
- We will use data-driven and differentiated instruction to progress monitor and increase student achievement.
- We will engage and develop strong relationships with parents, community and volunteers to increase our college and career readiness levels.
Message from Ms. Hernandez
Have a great week and stay focused on good, first instruction.
Week at a Glance
Mock Testing Week
Monday, February 15
Tuesday, February 16
Math Mock 3rd-5th grade
ARD @ 1:00 pm (Marek)
Wednesday, February 17
Thursday, February 18
Writing/Science 4th/5th grade
ARD @ 12:00 pm (Johnson)
Testing Meeting Mandatory- TELPAS Writing Calibration
PTA @ 6 pm (4th grade)
Friday, February 19
End of 4th Six Weeks
Saturday, February 20
Texas Legends Field Trip
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
- February 22- Team Leaders/LPAC meet after school
- February 22- 1st grade Collaborative Planning
- February 23- 2nd grade Collaborative Planning
- February 24- 3rd-5th Science/Social Studies teachers Collaborative Planning
- February 25- 3rd-5th Math teachers Collaborative Planning
- February 26- 3rd-5th Reading teachers Collaborative Planning
- February 29- PK/Kinder grade Collaborative Planning
A Very Happy Birthday!
Feb.26 - Ms. Reni Karova
Feb.26 - Ms. Margaret Carlough
Feb.28 - Mr. Pedro Romanelli