Do your part to prevent illnesses from evolving
What are they?
How does it happen?
What's Evolution got to do with it?
2. When a person takes antibiotics, these bacteria are less likely to be killed off.
3. If the person does not complete their antibiotic cycle, some of these bacteria can survive and pass on their drug resistant genes. Hence the resistant bacteria are selected due to their ability to survive antibiotics.
4. Over time this results in a bacterial population that is more resistant to medicine and therefore more deadly.
What can we do?
2. Only take antibiotics when necessary, not for common colds or viruses.
3. Wash your hands with soap to prevent the spread of bacteria