Good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
Black bug bit a big black bear. But where is the big black bear that the big black bug bit?
Betty bought butter but the butter was bitter, so Betty bought better butter to make the bitter butter better.
1. Which of the following is an example of an alliteration?
A. Splendid Sarah saw special shells
B. Lucy jumps at least a hundred feet in the air
C. The sky is blue and so are you
2. What is the definition of an alliteration?
A. A huge exaggeration
B. Giving an animal humanlike qualities
C. The repetition of similar sounds at the beginning of words
D. Two words that sound alike, but have different meanings
3. Is the statement "She sang like a bird", an alliteration?
4. Which of the following phrases is an alliteration?
A. She is a pig
B. He was as tall as a skyscraper
C. Charlie cheats on cheat-sheets
D. I told you a million times
5. Is this statement "Mommy made me mash my m&m's", an alliteration?
6. In which of the examples below would you most likely find an alliteration?
A. A non-fiction novel
B. Lyrics in a song
C. A "How to" book