Mrs. Weegar's First Grade
-Bring a water bottle to school every day. It is going to be hot this week at recess!
-We will have a snack in the afternoon each day at 1:30. Please bring a healthy snack to enjoy during this time.
-Austin is on a new rotation schedule for specials this year. Our P.E. days will change weekly. It is important that you are always wearing appropriate shoes on P.E. days. I would suggest wearing tennis shoes every day, or keeping a pair of tennis shoes in your cubby. I will give the students time to change into their tennis shoes if needed on P.E. days.
Tuesday, August 27th, Wednesday, August 28th, and Thursday, August 29th are early release days for K-2 students at 12:00 for beginning of the year assessments. If you are unable to pick your child up at 12:00 on these days, there will be care provided at school until 3:05. Please make sure that you have signed up for an assessment time. The sign up is in our classroom.
We will have a scheduled lunch time on these early release days. If your child is going home with you at 12:00 and eating lunch at home, they are welcome to bring a snack to eat during lunch time on these three days, or they could go ahead and eat lunch at school.
This week at a glance:
- Discussing classroom rules and expectations
- Getting to know more about one another
- Taking surveys
- Completing and answering questions about bar graphs
- Using thinking maps to organize our thoughts
- Sorting capital and lowercase letters
- Comparing the number of letters in each of our classmate's names
- Solving simple addition problems using manipulatives
- Recognizing high frequency words
This week's literature:
- First Day Jitters by Julie Danneberg
- First Grade Here I Come by Nancy Carlson
- This is the Way We Go to School by Edith Baer
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
- Chicka Chicka 123 by Bill Martin Jr.
- A My Name is Alice by Jane E Bayer
- Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes