Pre-K 4 Newsletter
Juan Diego Academy January 12, 2016
We have some announcements to make for this week. We are going to begin with homework and Show and Tell this week.
• Homework: You need to have crayons, scissors, glue and pencils to write at home. Please no markers or pens on homework assignments. Children need to hand in homework that is nice and neat.
• Show and Tell: The numbers for this Friday will be from 1-10.
• Happy birthday to Ezdras on the 14th .
Curriculum News: This week we continue with the themes of “Transportation” and “Animals in the winter.”
• Oral Language: I move/Yo me muevo. Reading-Aloud Time “The Gingerbread Boy”/”El muñeco de jengibre”, “Rueda que rueda” Concepts and vocabulary: auto, autobus, bicicleta, tren, camion and patinete.
• Science: “Let’s find Out” Mi weekly Reader. !Vamos equipo! El secreto de los pingüinos para sobrevivir en el frío. ( The secrets of penguins on how they survive Winter!)
• S. Studies: “Let’s find out” Mi Weekly Reader. “Feliz cumpleaños, Dr. Martin Luther King! Martin Lutero King Song in Spanish will be taught.
• Religion: We will talk about how Jesus came for all people./Jesus vino por todos nosotros. The children will learn the story of the shepherds who were invited by the angels to the place of Jesus’ birth.
• Estrellita Phonics: Review all letter sounds to begin the lesson. The letter Ii is our focus. The children will be practicing writing the Ii on lined paper. They will also hear a story about "El Iman de Ivan." (Ivan's Magnet) Children will also learn some new vocabulary that begins with the Ii sound and cut out vocabulary pictures for their journals.
- Noon dismissal Wednesday January 13th, professional development.
- Monday January 18th there will be no classes, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday observed.
- State of the School Mtg. for parents on Wednesday Jan. 20th at 6:30 pm.
Catholic Schools week will be from January 31st to February 6th. Letter from Mr. Gabe our 7th and 8th grade teacher:
Here's the Student Council Plan for Catholic Schools Week! There will be dress-up spirit days each day of the week so you can inform your students. Mark your calendars!
Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: Sports Day
Wednesday: Flip-Flop Day. This is a little tricky. Students are supposed to dress up like their teachers (boys can dress like Mr. Nolting, Mr. Ivan, or myself Mr. Gabe.) and teachers dress like the students. In other words, we will be wearing HOLY ROSARY SCHOOL UNIFORMS. We need to tell the students asap so that they can begin scouting out possible outfits. More details for this in the coming weeks.
Thursday: Grandparents Day (co-led by Mr. Nolting) More information will be sent out as it arrives. Church day means FULL UNIFORM for all students.
Friday: COLOR WARS ASSEMBLY
Each grade will be given a specific color for them to represent their grade. They will participate in Religion trivias grouped by grade level (eg. k-1st, 2nd-3rd-4th, 5th-6th-7th-8th) where winning teams will receive some sort of classroom prize. Afterwards, there will be an all school assembly where grades must represent their color in several mini-games.
Here is the list of colors
Pre-K 3 -- Blue
Pre-K 4 -- Purple
Kindergarten -- Red
1st Grade -- Orange
2nd Grade -- Yellow
3rd Grade -- Pink
4th Grade -- Green
5th Grade -- Black
6th Grade -- White
7th Grade -- Gray
8th Grade -- Turquoise
We hope you have a wonderful week. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Blessings from Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farias and Sra. Laura P.