Mill Creek Magic Messages
News and Updates from Mr. Ortman and Mr. Murtha 9/16/2022
5th and 6th Grade Presentations Close Out our Slate of Back to School Nights!
6th Graders Build Teamwork Skills During Ropes Course!
Student Laptop Expectations
Additionally, if your child loses or misplaces their laptop case, please reach out to the Mill Creek Main Office.
- Friday, September 16 - Food Truck Event @ Mill Creek, 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- Monday, September 26 - Rosh Hashanah (No School)
- Wednesday, September 28 - Kindergarten/1st Grade Picnic, 5-7 p.m.
- Friday, September 30-Tuesday, October 4, and Thursday, September 6 - Mill Creek Book Fair
- Wednesday, October 5 - Yom Kippur (No School)
Important HSA Documents for Mill Creek Parents!
- Link to Home and School Dues Letter for the 2022-2023 school year:
Dues letter 2022-2023.docx
DUES CAN ALSO BE PAID THROUGH MILL CREEK HSA VENMO (QR CODE LINK TO MILL CREEK HSA VENMO IMAGE BELOW)...
Seeking Volunteers for Rita's Water Ice Day!
FROM MR. ORTMAN and MR. MURTHA
Mill Creek has many incredible support systems in place, and we want to recognize one of those support systems as well as promote one of their events...
Mill Creek Home and School does SO MUCH for us! They work behind the scenes for most if not all of our events that occur throughout the school year. Just as they are gearing up for the 6th Grade Halloween Howl - a signature Mill Creek 6th Grade event - they also decided to organize this late afternoon's/early evening's Friday Food & Football Fun Festival at Mill Creek. If you are able to attend later today, this event is a wonderful opportunity to bring our greater Mill Creek Community together! Who doesn't like food trucks as a leadup to football (or as a leadup to going home and vegging out with a Friday night movie for those who are not planning to attend the game)? We would love to have you join us for this Community event!
Many, many thanks to Home and School for organizing the event and for all the work they put in to make it happen!
We do hope to see you later today, but regardless, have a wonderful weekend!
Shawn M. Ortman
John C. Murtha
Students in Grades 4-6 - Interested in Student Council?
- If interested in being a Student Council Representative, submit an essay to your classroom teacher no later than Friday, September 30 that includes the following information:
- Your name
- A bit about you
- Why you are interested in representing your class on Student Council
- Some reasons why you would be an excellent Student Council Representative
- Essays will be read in class on Monday, October 3.
- Following the essay reading, your classroom teacher will conduct a classroom election for Student Council Representative.
- Teachers will communicate the class choice to the main office, and we will schedule our first meeting for a TBD time/date in October.
- One Student Council Representative, per classroom, will be selected, along with one alternate.
Instructional Spotlight - Ms. Aptacy, 2nd Grade and Ms. Paine, 4th Grade
Extra-Curricular Opportunities/Community Events...
FROM OUR SCHOOL NURSE...
REQUIRED HEALTH EXAMINATIONS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR:
The State of Pennsylvania mandates the following health examinations:
- Students entering Kindergarten and all students new to the district-- Dental Exam and Physical Exam
- Students entering Grades 3 and 7--Dental Exam
- Students entering Grade 6 and 11-- Physical Exam
DENTAL EXAM FORM---https://www.cbsd.org/cms/lib/PA01916442/Centricity/Domain/403/Forms/dentalexam_formH514027.pdf
PHYSICAL EXAM FORM-- https://www.cbsd.org/cms/lib/PA01916442/Centricity/Domain/403/PHYSICAL%20EXAM%20form%202012.pdf
Parents are urged to have physical and dental examinations completed by their family physician or dentist. Exams may be completed any time after September 1, 2021 The completed health forms are due to the health office no later than October 15, 2022. Please keep a copy of the health form for your records.
Voluntary Information Sharing Across Programs for Free and Reduced Lunch Families...
Dear Mill Creek Families,
Please see the link below to a form that allows Free and Reduced Lunch families to share their information with other programs and ease the burden of having to sign up for support for each one individually.
Thank you, and have a great day!
Estimadas familias de Mill Creek,
Consulte el siguiente enlace a un formulario que permite a las familias de almuerzo gratuito y reducido compartir su información con otros programas y aliviar la carga de tener que inscribirse para recibir apoyo para cada uno individualmente.
¡Gracias, y que tengas un gran día!
District Laptop and iPad Care
- Please encourage your children to use their laptop/iPad bags for carrying devices in school, at home, and to and from each location.
- Please encourage your children to report issues/problems with their devices, so they can be properly address and fixed as soon as possible.
- The laptop/iPad payment fee covers accidental damage. Intentional damage may result in a family being billed for the damage.
Schools will be communicating these messages in school as well.
We appreciate your support!
Inclement Weather Procedures for Car Riders - Dismissal
New Volunteer Procedures...
Mr. Shawn Ortman
Mr. John C. Murtha