GES Staff Update-8/31/15
- Daycare bus riders will be escorted to the cafeteria as of Tuesday afternoon. They will sit in two lines by the windows so they can visibly see the buses pull up. One teacher will remain with waiting students and another will walk students out as their buses arrive.
- Changes to K-2 walkers are as follows:
- Students walking to the north crosswalk (Hall Johnson & Hazy Meadow) will be dismissed from the picnic table area only
- Student walking to the southern crosswalk (Hall Johnson & Hughes) will only be dismissed from the area near the front entrance to the school
- These changes eliminate the cross traffic we currently have with walkers and car riders and ensure a safer dismissal process for the front loop students.
It takes all of us working together to ensure that students are safe and parents understand the routines. Please do your part at dismissal to keep students quiet and sitting down. If you witness a parent crossing the driveway...please direct them to use the crosswalk. if students aren't in their dismissal location, please direct them to their spots. Students at walker stations should be encouraged to reunite with a sibling or parent quickly and make their way to their designated cross walk.
Our hope for less teachers/staff on dismissal duty every day will only happen if we work together to improve the process first. Your cooperation and attention to these new procedures is very much appreciated.
- Homework starts on 9/7/15
- iPad labels are being printed (more info to follow)
- Classroom printers should be used for single copies only (class sets should be sent to the Ricoh copier)
- Please use the clipboard to re-order work room supplies
- Don't forget to send students to the office with your class badge pass
- 25/100 book challenge information and forms should be attached to your newsletters
- Don't forget to read over the GES handbook and sign that you've reviewed it
Tuesday, 9/1 Faculty meeting in the library/learning commons (3:00pm)
Thursday, 9/3 Grade level PLC meetings during conference times in Nancy Hale's room
Friday, 9/4 Spirit Day (wear a GES shirt)
Friday, 9/4 Reading/Math challenge celebrations (1:00pm)
Friday, 9/4 CHHS vs. GHS football game at Mustang-Panther Stadium (7:30pm)
Monday, 9/7 Student/Faculty holiday in observance of Labor Day
Tuesday, 9/8 Teacher Self Report I due
Thursday, 9/10 GES Curriculum Showcase (6:30-7:30pm)
Thursday, 9/17 PTA meeting & Spaghetti Dinner (6:30pm)