Be Smart, Don't Start
- worldwide, tobacco use causes more than 5 million deaths per year.
- On average,, smokers die 13 to 14 years earlier than nonsmokers
- Each days in the U.S., approximately 3,900 young people between 12 and 17 years of age smoke their first cigarette.
- Approximately 70% of smokers want to quit completely.
- Approximately 45% of smokers try to quit each year
Some chemicals found in Tobacco
Ways to quit
- set a quit date
- tell a trusted person that you want quit
- Remove cigarettes and other tobacco products from your home, car, and work
- Talk to your doctor about getting help to quit
- nicorette gum
Brilliant FDA Commercial, 'Cigarettes are Bullies' 2014 | FunnyAds