Next Steps for Remote Learning
Buffett Bulletin August 2020
Our First Day!
What is the daily schedule for remote learning?
What are the next steps?
Organize, organize, organize!
How do you get logged into your computer?
Know your username and password!
Where do you find TEAMS?
Stay in the desktop version for a better experience!
How do you find your classes?
Let's talk about the features of TEAMS!
How do you join a class?
It's time for class. Let's join!
How do you participate in class?
Use the tools!
How can you contact your teachers?
Send them an email!
How can parents help with remote learning?
Remote Learning Expectations
Need Help Troubleshooting?
Here are our Top 10 Tips
9. If you have having mic issues, make sure to click the ellipses and then click device settings. You want to make sure it says you are using the built-in microphone and internal mic and speakers.
8. If you are still having mic issues, try using headphones that have a mic.
7. If you are having computer issues (but your computer isn't damaged), please email email@example.com.
6. If your computer is lagging, ask the teacher in the chat if you can leave and come back to the meeting.
5. Let a teacher know if he or she is frozen, if you can't see their PowerPoint, or if you can't hear them.
4. Any trouble with logging in or not having access to Teams, O365, or other school applications, can be solved by going to any OPS school and logging onto your laptop using the school's internet. This doesn't have to be Buffett, any close school works. All schools are on the same network. If this does not fix the issue, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. If you have no calendar invites from teachers, go to Teams through the waffle in your email account and check there for the calendar events. Then email the teacher if you don't see them there either.
2. If you have physical damage to your laptop you will need to fill out a Laptop Support form on the website. Those problems require tickets to be fixed.
1. When cameras or mic aren't working, try to redownload TEAMS off the internet. See the link below.