Alcohol and Other Drug Use
Jaide & AJ
6 Risk Behaviors
2. Glazed eyes
3. Lasting cough
4. Personality change
5. Low self- esteem
How to Prevent Alcohol & Drug Use
- Create environments that empower no drug or alcohol use.
- Identify alcohol and other drug abuse disorders early and provide brief intervention, referral and treatment.
- Reduce innapropriate access to and use of perscripon drugs.
- Avoid binge drinking, use of illicit drugs, or the misuse of perscription medications and, as needed seek help from their clinician for substance abuse of perscriptions.
- Safely store and properly dispose of perscription medications and not share perscription drugs with others.
- Avoid driving if drinking alcohol or after taking any drug, (illicit, perscription, or over the counter), that can alter their ability to operates motor vehicle.
- Refrain from supplying underage youth with alcohol and ensure that youth cannot access alcohol in their home.
- Don't go to parties or out somewhere that have alcohol or drugs in use.
- Know the outcomes of what will happen if you drink or use drugs.