Civil Case Process
The Steps of a Civil Case Process
- Something must happen between different parties, that's when the cause of action arise, and they must have an arbitration to settle it.
- A case complaint must be filled out at the Superior Court Clerk's office.
- Defendant must respond to the complaint within 20 days of the date of service. If there is no answer, plaintiff may complete default judgement against the defendant for the amount claimed in the complaint.
- Discovering process between the parties, during the course of which various motions, or motions for more responsive answers, may be filed.
- Plaintiff or defendant files motion to assign case to the trial calender.
- Motion for judgement as Either or both sides may appeal the case to a higher court a matter of law may be deemed appropriate at any point in the proceedings
- A pretrial conference may be conducted on the day before or day of trial
- Case solved either by agreement of the parties, or by the court order, or by the jury verdict.
- (During the trail) either or both sides may appeal the case to a higher court.