Skyview Staff Meeting Notes
September 9, 2015
9/9 - Edline Training in staff meeting
9/10 - *Date Changed: New Teacher Meeting @ 3:20 with B. Davis & A. Dunnington
9/15 - 3 Week Progress Notices go home today with FAILING students only
9/17 - Glow & Grow @ 6:00 - 7:30 (No Thursday GLPs this week)
9/18 - All GLPs held on Friday for ITECH visit
9/24 - Coffee with the Counselors (this meeting is for parents) ; Grade Posting Window
9/28 - DIBELS for K-6 & Tejas Lee for BIL K-2 window opens (9/28 - 10/9) ; Specials, Band
& Orchestra Grades due in FOCUS
9/29 - Run Draft Report Cards - email to your EVALUATING PRINCIPAL before 3:00 p.m.
9/30 - Shower for Brew @ 3:45 in library
10/1 - Grade Posting Window Closes, all corrections must be made before 11:59 p.m.
10/5 - SRI 2-6 window opens
10/6 - Picture Day!! First Six Weeks report cards (all students grades 1-6) and updated
goals & objecteives (all sped students)
10/12 - Student Holiday / Staff Districtwide Professional Development Day
10/26 - Red Ribbon Week begins
10/27 - K-3 assembly "Say No To Drugs" Puppet Show from 8:15 - 9:00
10/28 - 4 -6 assembly "Give Drugs the Boot" BHS Ramblers from 9:30 - 10:00
1) DODD: Announcements
2) ABBOTT: Edline Training
Duty: Be sure to get your duty covered by a grade level or department representative if you are late or absent. Also, Barbara Davis is a floater for morning duty and is available to cover so try her too! :)
STAAR Released Tests/SIMS:
- ELAR & SCIENCE- Do not use state released tests & previous district Benchmark/SIMS with students. Teachers may analyze previous data to help instruct, but avoid using any items to test students. Released items will be used for future exams.
- MATH- 2015 state released test questions and previous district Benchmarks/SIMS for the 14-15 school year only CAN be used with students.
- See Alicia Breitfelder or Brenda North if you have gradebook questions.
- Progress notices go home on September 15th.
- Parent Portal will launch on Friday, September 18, 2015.
- Wednesday Q&A Sessions are available through the month of September if you need help with FOCUS. Please let an administrator know by each Wednesday morning by 8:00 AM if you would like to attend.
Advanced Academic Studies:
New: In order to better identify kindergarten students who need gifted services, kindergarten students will be provided the opportunity to complete 3 products after a ROBI lesson this fall. These products are now a required portion of the referral process. All supplies will be provided to the K teachers at the appropriate times. All products will be due December 16th.
This video is for all NEW TO RISD teachers and anyone who would like a refresher. Click on the RED BUTTON to watch the video. B. Davis or A. Dunnington will follow up with new teachers to confirm completion of the video.