Top TEN News @ Weston
April 5, 2019
2. Report Cards were made available today through PowerSchool. Contact our office if you need help accessing these.
3. CAMP INVENTION: Parents of Incoming Kindergarten - current 5th grade students, don't miss out on the early registration discount. With code INNOVATE25 you can save $25 dollars off of the base price. *NEW* this year, you can select the payment plan option WITH the discount code. When checking out on your online registration, Select Payment Plan (You can pay the order total in Full or over 3 Even Payments. If you select 3 Even Payments, you will pay one-third of your balance now, with the remaining amount divided into two equal payments and auto-deducted at 30 and 60 days from the date of registering.) Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity at a discounted Rate!
4. Menu Changes:
Tuesdays the 9th menu will be a choice between:
pork chop or cheesy beef patty
Thursday the 11th menu will be a choice between:
Macaroni & Cheese or 2 Mini Hot Dogs on Bun or Macaroni & Cheese with 1 Mini Hot Dog
Steamed Fresh Broccoli
5. TEACHER REQUESTS/CLASSROOM ASSIGNMENTS: Upon the recommendations of the current classroom teachers, student assignments are made each spring. Parents certainly have an interest in their child’s education and sharing in the classroom assignment is welcomed. In early spring, (by May 1st), parents who wish to have a particular assignment must complete this form or write a letter to the office of the principal requesting at least two choices and stating the reason for their special request. Although requests will be considered, it may not be possible to fulfill them and properly balance classrooms.
Form can found at https://forms.gle/ZTwnGS2DYSUy7EiB8
6. MOVIE NIGHT = Friday, April 12th. Our PTO will be showing Ralph Wrecks the Internet. Flyers with more details will be coming home with your children.
7. BOOK FAIR @ Weston: Reading for pleasure unlocks the power of information and imagination and helps children discover who they are. Our Scholastic Book Fair is a reading event that brings the books kids want to read right into our school. It’s a wonderful selection of engaging and affordable books for every reading level. Please make plans to visit our Book Fair and be involved in shaping your child’s reading habits.
April 8-12- During school and after school from 2:00-2:30 PM
April 9- Family Night 3:00-6:00 PM
April 11- Family Night 3:00-7:00 PM
8. Greenfield Central Dance Marathon for Riley Hospital is next Saturday! This is open to all #gcscpride students! If you can’t make it, that’s okay! You can still help out by donating at http://donate.rileykids.org/GCDM #FTK #westonproud @rileykidsDM. See the flyer below.
9. The Greenfield Lacrosse Club will be at Weston on Thursday the 11th to talk to students during lunch. At this point they only offer teams down to 7 years old, but they would like to introduce the sport to all the kids at Weston.
10. Our YMCA will be hosting a Summer Day Camp this year at Harris Elementary. Want to learn more? Go to https://indymca.org/youth-development-center/summer-day-camp/ Employment opportunities are available too :)
Dance Marathon for Riley Hospital
Summer Day Camp @ Harris Elementary
Learn more at this link.
STEM Night = May 16th
Open to ALL GCSC students!
Summer Day Camp @ Harris Elementary
April Brag Tag
Help your child earn this:
Have them at school each day on time :)
Lacrosse = Greenfield
They will visit with our students during lunch on 4/11/19
March Brag Tag
We had 181 students earn this tag!