Running Club News
March 13, 2017
Welcome to Running Club!!
Thank you so much for joining! We cannot wait to get started on Monday, March 20th. Here are just a few bits of information...
- Running Club News... this newsletter will be sent out regularly to keep you up to date on important information, and to share pictures of what the kids are doing at our club meetings each week!
- Please wear comfortable clothes and shoes each week for Running Club. There won't be enough time to change clothes, so come to school dressed in what you plan to wear to Running Club. We recommend tech fabric shorts/pants/capris, a comfy shirt, and, of course, sneakers. Girls... don't forget something to put your hair up with!
- We are so excited for the awesome Running Club shirts that were designed just for us! We should be getting them in soon! We apologize for the duplicate e-mails asking for shirt sizes! We quite literally had the same idea at the same time! LOL
- Parents... Are you or other family members interested in signing up for the May 20th 5k that our club will be participating in? Or do you have a younger child that would like to do the Fun Run? If so, visit this link. Early bird pricing ends on March 12th! Hint... chose 'print and mail a check' to save a few extra dollars. (We will be registering all of the running club kids, so you just need to take care of any additional runners from your family).
- Want to train even more at home? Here is a great document from a very reputable program with several 5k training plans for all levels of walkers and runners. If your child is interested in doing extra running and walking at home, this could be a great plan for them to follow! Also, if you or another family member is wanting to train for a 5k, you can choose a plan that works for you!
- Mark your calendar! Running Club meets Mondays from 3:30-4:15pm on March 20, 27, April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 8, 15. Remember, you must be on time to pick up! We will dismiss in the car rider line by the gym. If your child is going home with another parent, we will need written permission in order to release them.
- Our 5k race is Saturday, May 20th at 8:00am at the Gwinnett Braves Coolray Field. We will send out more information as it gets closer!
Meet Your Coaches!
Have been running for many years and are training partners for all of the races they talk each other into signing up for! Together they have run many 5ks, four half-marathons, and the 2016 New York City Marathon. If you can still be friends after marathon training together, it is meant to be! ;)
Is a very experienced runner and coach. She has worked with the MVHS Cross Country team during summer conditioning for several years and has a trophy case FULL of running awards. Her enthusiasm and positive outlook is contagious!