Room 3 News
January 20-23, 2015
What we will be learning........
* Language Arts Unit 3 Week 5- Kids Have Fun!
-Vocabulary: culture, custom, language, skill, similar
- Grammar: Contractions with NOT (isn’t, aren’t, can’t, didn’t)
- Phonics: words with scr-, spl-, str- Spelling Words: strike, string, splash, split, scrub, scrap, nose, cute, does, girl
- Skill: Compare and Contrast
* Math- Introduction to Place Value through Addition and Subtraction Within 20
-Make 10 when addends are 7,8,or 9 (9 + 4 + 1=10 +4 =14)
-Subtract 9 from teen numbers: 14-9=? , 19-9=?
Thank you for sending in the recycled material! I felt like we needed more so I postponed the project to next Friday. So continue to send in your "stuff".
Peggy, the Garden Lady needs cardboard milk and juice cartons for a project. The children will be planting seeds and then will hang the cartons on the fence. Be sure to rinse the containers before sending them to school.
- I will be sending home the class list for Valentines Day. Each child should have a card for each child in the class if they are going to participate. I encourage each child to make their own cards. It is more meaningful if home made!!
- In preparation for MAPS testing, we found a new website for children to practice "scrolling and dragging". The site is ABCya.com. Check it out!
We are in need of prizes for the treasure chest.
- MAP Testing January 26th and January 30th
-January 28th- jog -a -thon at lunchtime. Pledge forms will go home in Wed. envelope.