Jan Kasal for Malverne BOE
(and community-driven, parent-led school district)
Father of four—two still enrolled in the district schools, a school and coach volunteer; involved passionately in advocating for children, as well as a local and national public education for the past several years.
- Influence the state legislation and educational policy makers;
- Increase state school funding, so taxpayers pay less;
- Promote the idea of community-driven, parent-led school district;
- Eliminate unfunded mandates;
- Collaborate with parents and BOE members on creating well-rounded educational opportunities for all children;
- Expand alternative pathways to a diploma;
- Eliminate high-stakes tests;
- Retain local control of our schools;
- Improve school-home-community communication.
Contact: twitter.com/JanKasal website: k12ny.org