CPS Read - In
Fall into a Good Book!
Book a Trip!
"Embark on the journey of a lifetime, travel to exotic places, mythical lands and experience adventure beyond imagination. Or escape to another era altogether. All without luggage, tickets, a passport or leaving home. All you need is an open mind. And an open book."
- National Book Foundation
CPS Read - In Tidbits
- Every class has been assigned a reader.
- I've asked them all to be here around 7:50. This will give them time to get here, get to your rooms, and get settled.
- We will still have Morning News. I'll say something on the Morning News about the Read - In.
- Starting this week, I am talking to your classes about their guest... who they are and what they do. The goal is to generate questions for your children to ask the guest. I will give you the questions to carry back to your rooms.
- I've told each of the guest that they can plan to be here 20 to 25 minutes. I thought that would be a book or two and a short discussion, question/answer time, of their career.
- We will do a follow up after the Read - In in the library. If you'd rather do it in your classroom, you may. But if you'd rather not, that's fine; we'll do it during your class's library time.