Touro University Nevada School of Education
Educating caring professionals to serve, to teach, to lead.
TUN SOE PrincipalMatterz Updates!
Where did the time go? Just yesterday we were ushering in September and now here we are about to close out October! Time sure flies when you are having fun. Right? As we move even closer to the start of a new chapter in learning for some, and continue in a chapter already started for others, we thought we would share this apropos motivational video with the kind of inspiration needed to propel us forward in our awesomeness as educators! Our hope is that you enjoy the view, and come away feeling inspired; so much so, that you pass the video on to your networks, in hopes that they too will be inspired to serve, teach, and lead forward!
Your TUN SOE Faculty
OUR FAB FIVE!!!
Here are the five items that you may really need to act on!
1. Check your email: You should have received an email, titled "Welcome to the 2015 Fall Term'. This email will include a welcome letter, a few tidbits about how to connect to Blackboard and the TUN webmail, and a quick "Getting To Know Us" survey. Please look for it and if you don't get it, be sure to let Tonya know.
2. Connect with Tonya: It was so good to meet most of you last week and I look forward to meeting others during the orientation on October 20th from 5-7:30. If those in the 2014-2016 cohort have not yet contacted me with times to meet for our one-on-one conference, please do so soon. Remember, I can travel to you, so no worries. My office is also always open if you want to drop in. I can always make time for a good chat. That shared, I hope to meet and talk with each of you soon! My email is email@example.com and my office phone is 702-777-4753.
3. Blackboard and Webmail: Be sure to log-in and get connected. It's essential!
4. Getting to Know Us Survey: Please make the time to complete this survey. It will provide us with important information about you, as well as provide us with data to make program improvements. Because your voice is important in this process, we really need to hear from you. If you already completed the survey, thanks for taking the time, we know that you are extremely busy! Click Here to get started.
5. Last but not least, take a deep breath, relax, do something good for yourself, then get ready to start because here we GOOOOO!
Now that we are all settled in, it's time to get connected. That means it's time to access your Webmail and Blackboard accounts. You will need to use Touro Webmail and Blackboard for all important communications, and to access your course content and materials. Please make sure that you access and set-up both in the next week. We are hoping that everyone is connected before Monday, October 26th. We've included links to both below. You should receive important log-in and password information from our IT department via email, but if not, give them a call at 702-777-3160 for email and 702-777-3133 for Blackboard. Thanks for getting on top of this, we'll look for you in the worlds of TUN Blackboard and Webmail soon!
Awww Look Who Came Back!
SURVEY TIME: Getting To Know Us
The TUN SOE Curriculum & Pedagogy Goodie Bag!
Book Talks: What We're Reading:
We just love books but then we guess that's the nerd in us! Here's a quick read that you might want to consider reading as you move through the academic year - Who Moved My Cheese, by Spencer Johnson. A little bookworm told us that it's not only a great book for educational leaders but for everyone! Best of all, it can be read in less than an hour or two! Click here to see find it on amazon! And because we are all into self-improvement as leaders, here's another you just might want to consider...Enjoy!
Dweck, Carol S. (2006) Mindset The New Psychology of Success
Social Justice in Action!
This is a great article and resource for Educators. Check it out! Just Click Here.
ASCD: Educational Leadership
If you're not getting this resource, you want to be! This will help you stay aware of what's happening in Ed. Leadership! Subscribe now. We also have copies available in the office.
Bridging Differences is a blog spot hosted by one of our favorite school reform and social justice educators, Ms. Debra Meier. Check out her most recent blog and let us know what you think in the twittersphere using our link below.