September 24, 2021
Important Upcoming Dates
September 27th - October 1st - Book Fair
September 29th - Spirit Night at the Burrito Shak
October 5th - PTA Meeting
Book Fair Details
SEPTEMBER 27 - OCTOBER 1
We are excited to offer an in-person book fair for students to shop this fall! All students will preview the book fair and make wish lists September 27 and 28, and have the opportunity to purchase books September 29 and 30.
Families can shop online at any time during the Book Fair week. Use the school code PRE1 when creating an account.
For detailed information about online and in-person shopping - -
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering,
Burrito Shak Spirit Night
New PTA Committee!
We are excited to announce that we are in the process of forming a Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Committee for the 2021-2022 school year! Throughout last school year, Tisha Shah, Theresa Vonder Haar, and Stephanie Hall have attended monthly meetings run by the Wake County PTA DEI Committee with the goal of forming our own at PRE.
Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a term used to describe programs and policies that encourage representation and participation of diverse groups of people, including people of different genders, races and ethnicities, abilities and disabilities, religions, cultures, ages, and sexual orientations and people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and skills and expertise.
Agenda for the next several school years:
- Ensure PTA membership and leadership reflects the diversity of our community
- Establish guidelines to having open/considerate/thoughtful conversations where all voices are heard and valued
- Community focus group discussions
- Identify explicit and implicit biases that may be barriers, areas of immediate need, and set goals
- Identify community supports
- Plan ways to provide support and resources through a DEI lens for upcoming school year
- Assess if PTA events are planned through a DEI lens
- Community book club or movie viewing
- Staff/Family check-ins
- Ensure Strong Family Engagement & Support
If you are interested in helping to shape the new DEI Committee in the 2021-2022 school year, please contact Stephanie Hall at email@example.com.
The Outdoor Cafe is shaping up to be a success! Thank you to all the parent volunteers who helped make this happen. In order to keep it going, we need four parent volunteers for each lunch. We've divided the lunches up into two shifts. The first shift is 10:45am - 12:30pm and the second shift is 12:30pm - 2:15pm. If you can help us out here and there that would be great! In order to volunteer, you MUST be registered as a WCPSS volunteer. In order to do this, just email Ms. Valvano at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask her to send you the volunteer registration link. It takes about 2-5 days after filling out the information to be approved. Once you're approved, you can sign up for a time slot to help out at https://signup.com/go/uWnpNcm .
- All volunteers are required to wear a mask over their mouth and nose at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Each volunteer MUST be a registered WCPPS volunteer. You will receive a completed background check from CastleBranch once it is complete.
- Volunteers will help set up the picnic blankets outside the cafeteria, wipe them down between classes, fold them, and put them away after the last lunch. (Instructions will be provided onsite!) You'll help to ensure students put their masks on when finished eating and before entering the building and throw away any trash left behind.”
Why join the PTA?
*By officially joining, you become a voting member in our PTA budget - helping us make decisions about how to spend the money to benefit all students
*It's now easier than ever to participate as we will be having virtual meetings, using Google meet. You can attend a meeting from anywhere that you have a device and internet access!
You can join the PTA here: http://www.pennyroadpta.com/pub.html
In just over a week, October 5th, we will be holding our first PTA meeting this year and everyone is invited! Those who have joined as members prior to the meeting will be invited to weigh in and vote on our PTA budget for the 2021-2022 school year. The budget will be available prior to the meeting. We welcome all thoughts on how we can best serve the students at Penny Road Elementary! We will send out a link for the virtual meeting closer to the event.
- Make sure to Like and Follow the Penny Road Elementary PTA Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/PennyRoadPTA. We will primarily be using the Panda Pulse and the PRE PTA Facebook page to communicate with you this upcoming school year.