Welcome to Virtual Learning
Welcome to the VAAC!
I know this information was promised to you last week. We have been working hard to overcome some technological hiccups and roadblocks to communication between VAAC and your family. I want to say that we appreciate the grace and patience you have shown as we work to pull together many details prior to the start of school on Monday, August 31, 2020.
Again, welcome, we look forward to having a great year, learning from where you are and exceeding your own expectations!
Mrs. Ashley K. Leneway
Teachers & Class Lists
Orientation & First Day
What to expect the first day and first week?
- Teachers connected with you via email to get you set up on Seesaw (K-5) and Google Classroom (6-12).
- Contact information shared.
- Scheduling of time to meeting 1:1 or in a small group.
- Opportunities to meet with teachers and peers in groups and classes via Zoom.
- Asynchronous and Synchronous review of expectations and virtual learning tools.
- Setting norms and class agreements.
- "Getting to know You" assignments through Seesaw and Google Classroom.
- Learning inventories
- Opportunities for student voice- what do students want to get from this experience?
After teachers and students have had the opportunity to connect and start to form those relationships, we'll roll out the logins for Edmentum and teachers will support you through an orientation process to help you understand how to complete assignments, stay on pace and connect with teachers, mentors or technology support if and when you need help.
Click here to find out how to get a device, access lunch services and other district coordinated services.
We are excited for our first day of virtual school! Many of you have been working hard to set up amazing home learning spaces. Share photos of your learning space on our Facebook @virtualacademyac/ and tag us with #VAAClearningspace
Here is Mrs. Leneway's #VAAClearningspace !
September 4 & 7
Thanksgiving- 11/26 & 11/27
Winter Break- 12/21/20 to 1/1/21
Spring Break- April 2-9, 2021
The flexibility with virtual learning is that your children can learn wherever you may be!
We will be sharing more information about electives on Thursday at our webinar.