Date: September 22, 2019
Quote of the Week
"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
Each day does bring us new strength and new thoughts. The same goes for our students. Each day is opportunity to open new doors and inspire our students to grow and be able to do more. Thank you for the patience, time, and effort you provide your students to learn all they can! Enjoy and spread joy in the week ahead!
Peter, Sarah, and Aaryn
- Shout Outs: To Ms. Elaine and her staff for earning a 100 rating on their latest DHEC inspection. Great job! To the PTA for the awesome Treat Trolley on Friday!
- Staff Update: Alexis Pattinson has been moved by special services to help at another school for the next few weeks. Mrs. Connelly who has subbed in our building many times over the past couple of years will be subbing in Mrs. Long's class. Jenni Hawkensen has been hired as a full time assistant in Mrs. Stewart's class. Please help us welcome her to our school family!
- Leadership Team Meeting: We will have our first meeting this Tuesday, 9/24, at 2:50 in the media center.
- Boosterthon FunRun: Times for this year's runs are below. Staff may wear comfortable/appropriate clothing for the run on Thursday.
- Wednesday: We will have a brief training on the district's new CrisisGo App. We will also be sharing some updated state information.
- Thursday: We will not have PLC meetings this Thursday for math due to the FunRun.
- SLO Reminders: STAR testing should have been completed by 9/20. Reflections should be done by this Friday. SLO meetings will be held at the beginning of PLC meetings on 10/1.
Mandy Shamblin, 9/23
PJ Inness, 9/29
- 9/23: Peter at District Report Card Info Meeting at 1:00
- 9/24: ELA PLC's; Leadership Team Meeting at 2:50; School Board Meeting at 6:00
- 9/25: Aaryn & Sarah at District Training 8-11:30; Peter at District Training 11:30-3:00; Faculty Meeting at 2:50 in the Media
- 9/26: Boosterthon FunRun (K/1st at 8:00, 2nd/3rd at 9:00, 4th/5th at 10:15)
- 9/27: Box Tops Due; Lockdown Drill at 9:00; Peter at Do 9:00-12:00; Colts of the Month at 1:45
- 10/2: Fall Pictures; Custodian Appreciation Day; Faculty Meeting at 2:50