Arts Middle School Family Update
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
- Wednesday, May 16th - 12:00 Dismissal- Teacher Professional Development
- Wednesday, May 16th at 6:30 PM- Evening of the Arts - afternoon rehearsal
- Thursday, May 17th- Evening of the Arts matinee
- Wednesday, May 23rd - 6:30 PM - Choir Concert in the Black Box
- Wednesday, May 30th - 6:30 PM - Band Concert in the Black Box
- Thursday, June 21st - Stepping Up - 8th Grade Promotion in the morning
- Thursday, June 21st - Last Day of School
Hello Arts Middle Families,
This month students will participate in state testing. Today 8th grade took the NGSS Science Test. Next Tuesday will be the start of all SBAC tests. Students will test in the morning for an 80 minute session over the next 2 weeks. Students will not have College Prep on testing days, which allows all core and arts classes to remain intact.
For more information. See the letter below.
Wednesday, May 9th - ELA Test
Thursday, May 10th - Math Test
Friday, May 11th - Make-ups / Extra Time
Monday, May 14th - Make-ups / Extra Time
Tuesday, May 15th - Math Test
Wednesday, May 16th - Math Test
Friday, May 17th - Make-ups / Extra Time
Recess at lunch
We will offer recess during lunch some days. Students will have a choice to walk over to Colt Park for a few minutes after they eat. If you do not want your child participating, please contact the school.
Pick up and drop off times
Pick up time is 2:45 - 3:00 at the front of the High School.
Congratulation Students of the Month!
TWin day #spiritweek
Lions, Tigers, and Bears #spiritweek
Sports Day #spiritweek
Check your child's progress on Mastery Connect
The Greater Hartford Academy of the Arts Middle School
At Arts Middle, all students will achieve at their highest level both artistically and academically through quality instruction and a culture of collaboration in order to become leaders in society.