Nutritional Science Club
Join the NUT club today!
2nd Meeting Thursday, September 24th in Saguaro Hall Room 219 at 4:15pm
Attend a meeting to join the club. Meeting time reminders will be sent out on the NSC Listserv.
At this meeting:
- We will be discussing information about the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, including the resources they offer to benefit students.
- On October 3rd, the club is participating in Harvest for Hope 5k. We are asking club members to bring non-perishable foods (canned foods) to the meeting. This food will be used to cover registration fees and be donated to IMPACT of Southern Arizona to help those struggling with food insecurity. Don't just donate, you can participate too!
- Lastly, please bring $10 to the meeting to cover Club Dues.
Who we are
The UA Nutritional Science Club is an ASUA recognized non-profit organization run by nutrition students. Our mission is to promote healthy lifestyle choices and behavior change within the Tucson community.
The club offers opportunities for nutrition students to:
- Gain community experience
- Develop professional and leadership skills
- Network with professionals in the field
- Make new friends
Upcoming events with dates TBA: The Nutritional Sciences Biannual Food Drive, The Nut Club Mentoring Program, Cooking on Campus Social, Spring Fling, Club Potluck, Senior Faculty Appreciation Dinner, etc...
This is a wonderful opportunity to get involved!
As a group, the club hopes to bring together students with a passion for nutrition and public health; to guide and prepare them for a career in nutrition and dietetics; and to engage the community in healthy lifestyle choices.