Back to school information for Pate parents and families
Again, welcome back!
Important Upcoming Dates
Late office hours available for online registration - office open 12-7pm
Open house 5-6 pm
(Please note the other buildings have a different time)
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
First Day Of School Notes
- Bus times will be off for a few days - be patient as they work on their routes.
- The morning drop-off line will take longer on the first few days.
- The afternoon car line WILL be slow for the first few days.
- On the first day of school, during the afternoon car line, we will check EVERY ID - even if we know you by name. This extends the time that it will normally take to get through the car line.
- Students are ONLY dismissed from the car line or buses. We do not dismiss students after 3:00 from the office.
- Parents are welcome to join us for Community Time. Community Time is where all students and teachers gather before heading to class. This is a great time for pictures and final good-byes.
Car Line Directions
Please note: Once we start loading, historically, we load 75-80 cars in 15 minutes. Please be patient during the first days, as it will take a bit longer for the first few days.
If you are unable to access the video on Facebook, please see the map below.
What is The Leader In Me?
See this quick introduction from Dr. John and Jane Covey
Welcome to Leader in Me
Each new school year brings opportunities for academic growth and growth in all areas of development. Although children must be knowledgeable when they graduate, they must also be healthy, engaged, responsible, and caring people.
Leader in Me provides your school with the vision and language to lead the school in a way that addresses all areas of development. As each child discovers and develops his or her unique gifts and talents, they are given opportunities to lead. As leaders, they become active, engaged partners in their own education and their self-confidence, responsibility, and initiative grows. The children quickly understand the benefits of different gifts and talents; they learn to listen to new ideas, work together to achieve results, and motivate one another to be the best.
We hope your school enjoys sharing these new opportunities. Together, you will watch each and every child grow throughout the year.
Link to Pate Early Childhood Student Handbook
Follow us to stay up to date
Facebook - Pate Early Childhood Center
Twitter - @PateLittleDawgs
And load our Aurora R-8 app - available on Apple and Google Play
Office and administrative staff
Dr. Nash, Principal
Mr. Gassaway, Assistant Principal
Mrs. James, Counselor
Mrs. Whitener, Nurse
Mrs. Terry Cook, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Sherri Jenkins, Administrative Assistant