Funerals: Let Us Bury Your Burden
Challenges Faced by the Family When Planning a Funeral
- Figuring out where the ceremony will take place
- Who needs to be invited
- What clothes should the deceased be dressed in
- What kind of casket would he/she have wanted
- Was there any kind of plan that he/she had put in place before they died
- Are they going to be buried or cremated
These are all some of the many questions you will have to answer when dealing with the funeral of someone you love. These are all challenges a family might have if a plan was nt put in placed by the deceased beforehand. Planning funerals ahead of time helps the family follow the deceased's wishes as closely as possible (National Funeral Directors Association 2015).
Challenges Faced by the Individual When Dealing With a Funeral
- Be informed of all the choices available to you
- Your wishes need to be documented
- Talk to your family about it and see if they have any input
- Decide the final disposition
- Ask about the prices
- Consider planning and prepaying for services
- Why insurance may not be enough
- Have a prearranged funeral, cremation service, etc. set up
- Find out what government benefits you can receive
- Speak with your Eternal Rest Funeral Home adviser
At Eternal Rest Funeral Home we can help you be aware and consider all of these things before the time comes so the only thing you and your family have to worry about is spending time with each other.
Cultural Challenges Faced in the Midst of a Funeral
- Burial (Mausoleum, graveyard, etc.)
- Traditional services
- Would you like a priest, pastor, Rabi, etc. to perform the services?
- Are there certain garments the deceased need to be placed in during the processional?
- Does certain music need to be played to honor your culture?