Pine Ridge Weekly
Pine Ridge OM Rocks!
Good afternoon PR Families,
We are so very proud of our OM Teams that worked so hard this weekend and represented Pine Ridge well! See the message and pictures below. Thank you, Mrs. Brace! We appreciate you and all of the hours that you and our fantastic parent/coaches put into this awesome experience for our children. :)
General PTO Meeting tonight at 7:00 pm in the Media Center!
- Thanks for sending in your change!
- See you Friday for our Valentine's Day festivities. :0
- SAVE THE DATE: The PR Auction is MAY 1st! Please see the details below.
Have a great week!
Way To Go Pine Ridge OM TEAMS! We Are Headed to State!
It was a fun, creative, thrilling, sometimes heart-breaking day yesterday at Eastern High School, where 39 Forest Hills Odyssey of the Mind teams and their peers from surrounding school districts presented their OM Long Term solutions and solved challenging Spontaneous problems!
We celebrate each and every student who participated in this year's event. Every team solved their problems, so every team came home winners! There also are many champions who will compete at the OM State Finals Tournament on March 14. Typically the top two teams advance, although additional teams move on when there are seven or more teams competing in a given problem and division.
Thanks again for supporting our students!!
Primary Team #1
Division I, Problem 5 – Gibberish or Not – Who were recognized for their 6th place finish
Division I, Problem 1 – Longshot Solution – SILVER Medalists and State Finalists!
Division I, Problem 3 - The Effective Detective – GOLD Medalists and State Finalists!
Rangers of the Week
Ranger Class of the Week
Letter From Our District Nurse Regarding Illness
Things Second Graders Have Been Told 100 Times!
Let's Fowl! PR Auction Save the Date and Sponsor/Donation Forms
Pine Ridge Families,
The PTO Auction committee is excited to invite you to SAVE THE DATE for our 2020 Pine Ridge Auction! Your student will be bringing home information about the auction in the next couple of days. We are looking forward to a great night of fowling, food, and fun-draising! We are also securing auction item donations and lane sponsors at this time. Please contact our committee chair, Britt Metzger, at email@example.com with any questions regarding the event. Hope to see you there!
- Your Pine Ridge PTO Auction Committee
Dyer-Ives Poetry Competition
Please forward as you see fit.
- Please see full information at www.grpl.org/dyer-ives
- Submissions are being accepted from February 1 to February 29
- Competition is free to enter and open to poets ages 5 through adult who are residents in Kent County
- One poem per person will be accepted (poem must be original and unpublished)
- Writers whose work is selected will be published in Voices and will be invited to read at the Awards Ceremony during the Festival of the Arts in June
- 2020 National Judge is Keith S. Wilson
- Keith is an Affrilachian Poet and Cave Canem fellow. He is a recipient of an NEA fellowship as well as fellowships/grants from Bread Loaf, Kenyon College, Tin House, MacDowell, Vermont Studio Center, UCross, and Millay Colony, among others. Keith serves as Assistant Poetry Editor at Four Way Review and Digital Media Editor at Obsidian Journal. His first book, Fieldnotes on Ordinary Love, was published by Copper Canyon. Keith's work has appeared in Poetry, Elle, The Kenyon Review, Adroit Journal, Boston Review, Crab Orchard Review, Narrative Magazine, 32 Poems, Arts & Letters, Rhino, and Vinyl.