Mercy's Library News
Where Life and Learning Blend
What's Going On?
Ebooks, Print Books, or Articles?
Where do YOU head when your teacher says, "Find reliable information for your research."
I Love Ebooks!
- Ebooks are books from publishers. They are written, edited, and produced with the same standards that are used for the print book, but the Ebook is delivered electronically instead of in print.
- We have over 100 Ebooks in our Library Catalog that were purchased for subjects and topics that you are studying this year in your classes.
- Ebooks are great (and sometimes even better than print books) for research because you can search for subjects and keywords throughout the book.
- You can copy and paste the author, titles, publisher, etc. into an electronic citation tool like Citation Machine or Son of Citation.
- You don't need to worry about losing the Library book or returning it on time. When you finish, the book is returned automatically.
- You can decide at midnight on Saturday to look for and use an Ebook. They are available 24/7.
- Ebooks aren't heavy--they don't add addition weight to your backpack.
Ebooks just added to our Library in January
· Jane Eyre / [based on the novel by] Charlotte Brontèe
· Modern-day slavery / Linda Bickerstaff
· Anthropology and contemporary human problems / John H. Bodley
· A brief history of Great Britain / William E. Burns
· Changing ecosystems : effects of global warming / Julie Kerr Casper
· Architects of the information age / edited by Robert Curley
· Biofuels / Leanne Currie-Mcghee
· Budgeting smarts : how to set goals, save money, spend wisely, and more / Sandy Donovan
· The 100 most influential philosophers of all time / edited by Brian Duignan
· Career opportunities in science / Susan Echaore-McDavid
· Human trafficking / by Courtney Farrell
· Applied science / editor, Donald R. Franceschetti
· Biotech research / Charles George and Linda George
· Animals make us human : creating the best life for animals / Temple Grandin and Catherine Johnson
· Astronomical observations : astronomy and the study of deep space / edited by Erik Gregersen
· Human trafficking / Margaret Haerens, book editor
· Human trafficking / Joyce Hart
· Anxiety disorders / Bruce M. Hyman & Cherry Pedrick
· Battle of the dinosaur bones : Othniel Charles Marsh vs. Edward Drinker Cope / Rebecca L. Johnson
· Victoriana : histories, fictions, criticisms / Cora Kaplan
· Alternative energy sources / Kathiann M. Kowalski
· Calico dresses and buffalo robes : American West fashions from the 1840s to the 1890s / Katherine Krohn
· The anthropology of learning in childhood / edited by David F. Lancy, John Bock, and Suzanne Gaskins
· The anthropology of globalization : cultural anthropology enters the 21st century / Ted C. Lewellen
· An anthropology of biomedicine / Margaret Lock and Vinh-Kim Nguyen
· The Arab uprising : the unfinished revolutions of the new Middle East / Marc Lynch
· Cleaning up the environment : hazardous waste technology / Anne Maczulak
· Atoms, molecules, and compounds / Phillip Manning
· Civil unrest in the 1960s : riots and their aftermath / Wil Mara
· Can renewable energy replace fossil fuels? / Hal Marcovitz
· Anatomy and physiology : an illustrated guide
· Beautiful boredom : idleness and feminine self-realization in the Victorian novel / Lee Anna Maynard
· Beyond revenge : the evolution of the forgiveness instinct / Michael E. McCullough
· The 1920s and 1930s / Anne McEvoy
· Clean energy nation : freeing America from the tyranny of fossil fuels / Jerry McNerney and Martin Cheek
· Anthropology : the basics / Peter Metcalf
· Energy production and alternative energy / Debra A. Miller
· Causes of the Civil War : the differences between the North and South / Shane Mountjoy
· Advances in human palaeopathology / edited by Ron Pinhasi, Simon Mays
· Ancient monuments / Shana Priwer, Cynthia Phillips
· A companion to American fiction, 1780-1865 / edited by Shirley Samuels
· Anthropology of violence and conflict / edited by Bettina E. Schmidt and Ingo W. Schrèoder
· Gender danger : survivors of rape, human trafficking, and honor killings / Rae Simons with Joyce Zoldak
· Anorexia and bulimia / Carol Sonenklar
· Career opportunities in the energy industry / Allan Taylor and James Robert Parish ; foreword by Jeff Fullmer
· Art and architecture / Stephen M. Tomecek
· Atlas of the North American Indian / Carl Waldman
· Charles Dickens and the street children of London / by Andrea Warren
· The anthropology of health and healing / Mari Womack
· Ancient machine technology : from wheels to forges / Michael Woods and Mary B. Woods
· Ancient medical technology : from herbs to scalpels / Michael Woods and Mary B. Woods
· Ancient transportation technology : from oars to elephants / Michael Woods and Mary B. Woods