JSE Staff October 9th, 2015
"Love Your People"
Thank you Amy, Karen, and Raven for "try today" highlights from your workshops. We appreciate you attending and sharing. We will circulate the Kagan resources. Please be sure to check out our Google classroom for resources shared from the VU Conference. (If you haven't joined our classroom please do!) I can resend you the link if needed.
Individual teacher meetings were very beneficial for me in learning more about your students and goals for this year. I hope you found them just as beneficial, it's always good to take the time out for like conversation. I enjoyed connecting with you!
See you Monday for our PD day at WHS, signs will direct you to Mr. Lyons' room.
We will have an Earthquake Drill Thursday, here is a helpful link for informing your students of this drill.
Baked Potato Bar Friday was a perfect ending to the week! Thank you Sandy, Pam, and Brianna! The kitchen will let us know next time this will be offered.
Have a great weekend ~Leigh
Parent Teacher Conferences Nov. 4/5
- Wednesday- Math Vertical Articulation: Now that we have met at each grade level, please schedule a time with the grade level below to share. I have blocked out two days for this but feel free to pick a better time. Before Fall Break please have your vertical meeting and share your grade level doc with me. Any questions let me know.
- Thursday-Dr. Feikes: Amy's Room *Please be prompt we will start right at 8!
- Friday- Meet with Mike: Grades 3-5
Teach Like a Champion refresher... Chapter 2 – Planning That Ensures Academic Achievement: Technique 10
*We plan what we will be doing but what will our students be doing?
I encourage you to skim through these and include them in your instruction next week. Just a plain ol' good refresher!
- Join our Google Classroom.
- Send home parent teacher conference letter Thursday.
- SLOs due by the end of next week unless we have talked about waiting for ISTEP data.
- Meet and complete the math vertical articulation doc.
- Review the techniques above!
- Turn in 100% Effort Work.
- Spirit Fridays, wear your orange and green!