How to Become President
The steps and requirements to become president of the U.S.
Step 1-Primaries and Caucuses
- 100's of people each year run for president.
- They all don't like the way the government is currently run.
- People in the same political party usually have close to the same ideas.
- people vote for who they think would be the best candidate that is a primary.
- Now in a caucus people argue who the best candidate is.
- I recommend that you have somebody arguing for you at every caucus
Step 2-National Conventions
- At the convention each of the candidates choose a vice.
- Both political parties have a National Convention to choose their candidate.
- I recommend that you choose somebody that you already know really well to be your vice.
Step 3-General Elections
- For the general election people across the country vote for 1 president/Vice
- People vote for the Electors
- I recommend that you make a lot of good ads to support your campaign.
Step 4-Electoral College
- All the states each get a different number of representatives but the same number of senate.
- California has the most representatives because they are the largest state.
- Whichever candidate gets to 270 electoral college votes first is the winner.
- Both the president and vice would be introduced in January
- I recommend that you go to every state. You would get more votes that way