1st Quarter Newsletter
Message from Mrs. Brubaker
Teachers have worked tirelessly this first nine weeks to give your kiddos the best education possible in this new normal, and they too have rocked it. These teachers have had a lot on their plate with juggling students who are joining them in-person and virtually and it has been a challenge to say the least. They have weathered and powered through and have really stepped up as well.
Thanks to all of you for helping us make it through this first nine weeks!! We are better together!
- End of first grading: October 16
- Unity Day: Oct. 21 - wear orange
- No school for students on October 23 (fall break)
- Red Ribbon Week-October 26-30
- Fall Parties and Halloween Costume Day-October 30 (Guidelines for costumes will be sent home)
- Daylight Savings Time Ends-Fall Back-November 1
- Pie Pick Up: Nov. 17 - 3:45-6:00
- Thanksgiving Break: November 25, 26, 27
- Winter Break: Dec. 21 - Jan. 1 (Students return Jan. 4)
Unity Day - Wednesday, October 21
October is National Bullying Prevention Month, so on Wednesday, October 21st, we will be celebrating Unity Day. This is a day when we can all stand together against bullying. It will be Wear Orange Day! By wearing orange, we can demonstrate that we are united for kindness, acceptance, and inclusion.
Red Ribbon Week Plans - October 26-30
Red Ribbon Week is a week long event that helps students think about the negative affects of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. National Red Ribbon Week was established in 1988, and has touched the lives of millions of people around the world. To help spread the word and show support here at the junior high, we will be having different themed days. Students will also learn a few facts about teens and drug use, learn some ways to stay away from drugs, and all students will receive a few treats and fun prizes during the week. Plan to dress up to support a great cause!
Monday - Wear Red to “Rally in Red Against Drugs”
Tuesday - Twin Day - “Be a Buddy, Keep Your Friends from Doing Drugs”
Wednesday - Crazy Hair Day - “Wild About Being Drug Free”
Thursday - Backwards Day - “Turn Your Back on Drugs”
Friday - Halloween Costume Day to “Scare Away Drugs - Be Drug Free!”
(Students may wear acceptable costumes. A flyer will be emailed and students will be made aware of what is acceptable.)
- If your student is returning, their first day will be Monday, October 19 to begin the new quarter.
- If your student is not sure where to go on Monday, have them check in with the office.
- If you have not notified the school of your request for your student to return in person, please call 574-294-2158