MC SUNDEVILS CLASS OF 2026
8th Grade Transition Information for 2022-23 School Year
Incoming 9th Grade Student Presentation
What Does a Typical Freshman Schedule Look Like?
- Two trimesters = One year's worth of coursework.
- Math and Spanish can be accelerated by taking the subject all 3 trimesters (=1.5 year's worth of coursework).
- Two-part courses may have a trimester break between Part 1 and Part 2 - See example below.
Math Sequence Guidelines
Choosing and Entering Your Courses
After viewing our Course Selection Presentation, discuss options with your parents and current teachers.
You will enter your 15 course requests into your Synergy Student VUE account.
- 9th grade CRW (Course Request Worksheet)
- How to enter Course Requests video, Printed
- COURSE CATALOG course descriptions,
- PVC (Poway Virtual Courses) Course Descriptions
- FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
- Last day to enter course requests is April 1st.
IDT - If you are applying for a transfer to MCHS, enter your course requests for your high school of residence. Then, use this form to record your MC class choices and we will enter them for you upon IDT approval.
Sundevil Career & Technical Ed (CTE) Course Options
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Pathways: 3D computer Animation, Photography, Journalism & Digital Media/TV Production, Drama/Performing Arts, Technical Theater
- Computer Science Pathway & Electives (PLTW)*
and sample 4 year plan
- Engineering Pathway & Electives (PLTW)*
and sample 4 year plan
- Health Science & Medical Technology Pathway, Sports Medicine/Athletic Training/ Pre-Med Pathway
- Public Services Pathway: Fire Science/EMT Electives,
- Transportation Pathway: Automotive and sample 4 year plan
AVID is Searching for YOU!
We are looking for students who are interested in direct instruction on academic skills, opportunities for tutoring in their core academic classes, and are looking for time to research for their future. These students should know they are walking into a family!
AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination. It is an internationally recognized program designed to prepare students for success in both high school and college. Check out our AVID info page and reach out to Ms. Randle or your counselor for more information. We would love for you to join our AVID family.
I'd like to attend Mt Carmel but I don't live in the area...
Check powayusd.com for Transfer information. Transfer request period is February 1 through March 31, 2022. If requesting an IDT (Inter or Intra District Transfer) you will not be able to enter your MC courses online. Please use this form to record your class choices and we will enter them for you upon IDT approval.
Transfer decisions are made at the PUSD Attendance Office. We have no control, prior knowledge or influence over district decisions.
Do I Need to Enroll?
Current 8th grade students within MCHS Boundaries coming from Black Mountain, Meadowbrook or Mesa Verde Middle Schools have received their Course Selection materials at their current middle school. Those students will do Online Continuing Registration for continuing students and do not need to enroll.
Current 8th grade students within MCHS Boundaries coming from private or other schools will need to complete the online enrollment packet beginning April 1, 2022
Reasons Why It's Great to be a Sundevil
Welcome to Mt Carmel High School and Our Sundevil family!
- Is a student body rich with diverse populations
- Has an open access policy to over 21 (AP) Advanced Placement, and Honors courses.
- Operates on a trimester system which allows students to accelerate through math, science and world language courses.
- Offers a wide variety of electives including: CTE (Career & Technical Education), Nationally Recognized performing arts as well as Award-Winning visual arts programs.
- Has outstanding Athletic Programs.
- Hosts an Award-Winning ASB and a wide array of clubs and activities.
- Tremendous School Spirit! Find out why we consistently win the Battle of the Fans!
In addition to the resources outlined here, our Sundevil Way Guide will help you develop a 4 year plan that is meaningful and relevant to you. #itsthesundevilway
Email contact for MCHS Counselors
Last Names G-M - Husani Whitlock - firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Names N-T Charmaine Ferrer - email@example.com
Last Names U-Z, AVID and ELL - Victor Baez - firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Technical Ed - Kim Tran - email@example.com