LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministries at First Baptist Covington
I want to say a very big "Thank You!" to everyone who helped to make this year's LIFToff such a success! More than 25 adults gave up their weekend to show our students a great time, and I think it worked! I'm sure there were some tired kids at school yesterday. Be sure to check out our LIFT Facebook page, or search for the hashtag #liftoff2014 on Instagram or Facebook to see all the great pics from the weekend. And welcome to our wonderful new class of 6th Graders! We love you, and we are glad you are here!
Since school is back and LIFToff is over, we are right back on regular schedule here. We have LIFT this Wednesday Night from 6-7:30pm with FREE leftover fried chicken and watermelon for dinner, great new music, new small group meeting places, and a new series called "Jesus and Mean People!" Don't miss it!
Then, this Sunday night is our famous Family Talent Night at FBC! Come to the Fellowship Hall at 6pm for a great night of wonderful performances and fun! If you have a talent but haven't signed up yet, it's not too late! Call and speak to Jo in the church office!
Be sure to stay tuned to our regular Weekly Updates for weekly message videos from LIFT, important dates, follow-up questions for parents, and more!
Important Upcoming Dates:
- September 2nd - Prayer Breakfast begins! 7am or 8am
- October 11th - Woodland Hills Fall Festival Mission Day
- October 19th - FBC Church Picnic at FFA Camp!
- October 22nd - Bonfire Night @ LIFT
Follow-Up Questions for Parents from LIFToff!
- Saturday you talked about the attributes of God and His unimaginable nature. Which of those characteristics about God stuck out to you? Why?
- Why is it important for Christians to come to grips with the idea that God is beyond our imaginations?
- What was the biggest display of God's unimaginable love?
- How did the lessons tie back in to Ephesians 3:16-20?