Northampton Parent Newsletter
News and Reminders
- Absences: Doctor or parent notes must be turned in within 5 days of your student returning to school. Absence notes may be turned in through the front office, may be submitted through Skyward Family Access, and may be reported for future dates.
- Standards-Based Grading: We have implemented standards-based grading in Kinder-2nd grade. Here is some information from the district on Standards Based Grading.
- Parent University: We have several sessions available to attend and get credit for our new Parent University program. The next Parent University event is November 15, from 5:30-6:30, and the topic is KIDS WILL BE KIDS? When it goes too far.
- Klein ISD Calendar Survey: Please submit your feedback regarding calendar options for the 2019-2020 school year. There is also a question about the start time for elementary school. The deadline is November 12.
First in Math: This month students have been working hard in their classrooms on a new program for the district called First In Math. This program replaced Reflex Math and focuses on math fact fluency as well as other key math concepts. Students can access First in Math through their student dashboard at school and at home.
- Friendship Week: Friendship week is November 12-16th. Please click here to view the dress up days!
Hi Colt families!
Can you believe we are now in November? We are just flying right through this school year. Once again I have to say THANK YOU! This year’s fundraiser participation and volunteerism has been outstanding.
We have a lot happening this month. First up is our food/toiletries drive. These donations will directly impact our area. We also will be hosting our 2nd general PFO meeting on the 8th at 6pm prior to the 2nd grade music program. We hope you can make it.
If you haven't noticed we changed up how kids can collect spirit sticks this year. Each month there will be a designated Friday lunch period where the student can donate $1 to collect a spirit stick of their choice. Next date is set for Nov 12th.
Thank you again for all the support! It is because of your generosity we are able to do amazing things for your students and staff.
- November 2nd - 9:00-11:00am - Horeshoe Helpers
- November 5th - Food Drive begins
- November 8th - 6:30-7:30 - General PFO meeting and 2nd grade program
- November 8th & 9th - Book Fair Preview Days
- November 9th - Veteran's Day Celebration at Lunch
- November 12th and 16th - Book Fair Shopping Week (7:30-3:30) & Friendship Week
- November 13th - Fall Picture Retake
- November 14th - 5:00-7:00 - Book Fair Late Night
- November 15th - 5:30-6:30 - Parent University Event - KIDS WILL BE KIDS? When it goes too far.
- November 16th - Spirit Sticks at Lunch
- November 19th-23rd - Thanksgiving Break
- November 27th - Fundraiser Pick up day
- November 28th - Willies Ice House Spirit Night
- November 30th - 9:00-11:00am - Horseshoe Helpers