Velasco Library Needs YOU!
Library Advisory Committee forming now
Here is your chance to have your voice heard in the library!
Who can be on the committee?
- Me, the Media Specialist
- Community Members
What are some of the things an Advisory Committee does?
- Make sure our collection is meeting the needs of teachers
- Survey students and teachers to address satisfaction with current policies
- Help develop short and long term goals
- Identify strategies to facilitate collaboration
- Advocate for the school library
- Develop programs to encourage the love of reading
- Sponsor/coach Name That Book Team
Our First BIG Project!
"While economically-advantaged kids often have their own bedroom libraries, poor kids usually depend heavily on schools for books to read. Understandably, summer reading loss or "summer setback" is a bigger problem for children from low-income families.
Ready to make a difference?
P.S. I bring great snacks to meetings!