- Ivan's interests was the study of physiology and natural sciences.
- He helped the Department of Physiology at the Institute of Experimental Medicine.
- He has overseen this program for about 45 years.
- Ivan researched the digestive function of dogs.
- He noted that his subjects would salivate before the passing of food.
- Ivan was not a psychologist, and didn't even psychology altogether.
- His research served many different techniques of studying such as the environment in an objective, scientific method.