Talbot County Public Schools
Update /Actualización | Issue: #10 | 11-6-2020
November 16: Report Cards Issued
November 16-20: American Education Week
November 18: Board of Education Meeting- meeting is closed to the public but will be live streamed. To view visit : https://talbotschools-md.granicus.com/ViewPublisher.php?view_id=1
November 25-27: Thanksgiving Holiday
December 7: Winter Sports Begin
Here Comes the Bus App
The Here Comes the Bus® App will be available to parents of TCPS students attending school in person beginning November 9th! Here Comes the Bus® will allow you to:
• View the real-time location of your child’s bus
• Access the app from your smartphone, tablet or computer
• Receive push notifications or email alerts
• Send your child to the bus stop at just the right time, every time
How to get started:
1. Download the Here Comes the Bus app* or visit herecomesthebus.com.
2. Click the "Sign Up" button.
3. Enter school code 87314 and click “Next” followed by “Confirm.”
4. Complete the “User Profile” box.
5. Under “My Students,” click “Add.” Enter your child’s last name and student ID number. The student ID number can be found in the PowerSchool Parent Portal under the Bus Information tab. If you have not yet set up your PowerSchool Parent Portal, please contact your child's school.
Easton High's It's Academic Team Episode Airs November 7th!
Easton's It's Academic episode will air Saturday, November 7th at 10 AM on WJZ-TV. The episode was filmed via Zoom on October 10th. Please tune in and cheer on the Easton It's Academic team of Desmond, Harrison, and Anna as they take on teams from Catonsville and the Friends School in an exciting match.
If you are unable to watch this Saturday, the episode will be posted on the WJZ website after it airs.https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/category/its-academic/
St. Michaels S.H.O.P. FOOD/SUPPLY DRIVE
St. Michaels S.H.O.P., in coordination with the Guidance Office, is holding a food/supply drive for the SMMHS campus during the month of November. The goal is to fill the SMMHS food pantry and supply closet. To donate bring items to the SMMHS main office.
Canned Food Items Boxed Food Items
Mac and Cheese
Any Box Meal
Ravioli / Pasta
Misc. Food Items
American Education Week: November 16–20, 2020
American Education Week presents everyone with an opportunity to celebrate public education and honor individuals who are making a difference in ensuring that every student receives a quality education.
FREE BREAKFAST AND LUNCH FOR ALL STUDENTS!
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided free of charge for all students attending school in person. Students will also have the option to take home a bag of free meals for the days they will not be attending in person. Evening meal pick up will still be offered at all locations except Easton High School on Tuesdays and Fridays from 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. for all children ages 2-18.