by Mrs. O
PurposeFull Practice: Respect, Lesson 3
Dear McKinley Family,
This week marks our third and final lesson about Respect. I've been on the lookout for Respectful behavior, and I have to say, I have "caught" a lot of students and adults doing the right thing. Below I highlight some of my favorite respectful moments from this week, and I share a few of the resources that I have been utilizing during my classroom presentations:
1. Mrs. Weagant's Class showed a lot of Respect at The Book Family Farm, so much so, that Mr. and Mrs. Book took the time to comment on their great behavior and manners. Way to go Mrs. Weagant's Class!!!
2. Acting as Student Ambassadors, two of our amazing children (Lacy and Jesse) joined Mrs. Kemmis and I on a PurposeFull fieldtrip. In order to show our school's Respect for our Gridley Police Department and the Courage they show every day; the four of us delivered notes, pictures, and treats. Way to go Lacey and Jesse!!!
3. Video- What To Do About Bullying? This video describes what students can do if they are being bullied, or if they witness bullying behavior.
4. Our Mallard Respect Chant. Make sure to have your student teach you the moves. They are getting really good at it!
5. Excellent Read Aloud: A Little Spot of Respect. I left this one on here, just in case you missed it last week.
6. Loving Kindness Meditation- With all of the stress and upheaval in the world today, it is so important to PurposeFully slow down, breathe, and focus on the good things in life. This little meditation will help you do just that.
7. Red Ribbon Week, Parent Activities and Resources Link: Drug and Alcohol Awareness and Prevention. It is never too early to start having these discussions.
8. Links to Parent Resource Letters (English and Spanish) re Responsibility.
9. Definition: Responsibility
As you may have guessed, next week we will begin our third PurposeFull Practice: Responsibility. This aligns beautifully with Red Ribbon Week (October 23-31), which focuses on making healthy choices and staying drug and alcohol free (see link in #7) .
Thanks for all you do. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, or ideas you may have.
Mrs. O (Ormachea)
McKinley School Counselor