Patrick Marsh Middle School Band
This Week in Band at PMMS (March 8-12, 2021)
A Note About Band Lessons
To date, 3,752 lesson summary forms have been sent out to PMMS Band Families! This is a good way to check in on progress and to find out what should be worked on during the week.
Conferences This Week
Jessica Gary - email@example.com
Chris Gleason - firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Haraldson - email@example.com
Becky Rush - firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTE - Students who have Friday lessons WILL STILL HAVE LESSONS! Mrs. Gary's lessons will take place at the normal times and Mrs. Haraldson and Mr. Gleason will contact students to reschedule.
Meet Ms. Klinkner
Ms. Klinkner will observe 7th grade band classes, teach lessons, and assist with projects and lesson plans. I've known Ms. Klinkner through her work with the UWEC Band Department and can say that we are fortunate to have her with us! Here are some questions I asked her recently:
Where is your hometown?
- I grew up living and working on a small dairy farm in Cashton, WI which is about thirty miles east of LaCrosse.
What is your major instrument?
What led you to attend UWEC?
- I was initially planning to attend a different college all throughout high school until I visited UWEC and met the faculty and students. The campus is absolutely beautiful, and I knew I wanted to be part of the community.
What ensembles/activities are you involved in at UWEC?
- I play as principal clarinetist in the UWEC Wind Symphony, have been a section leader in the Blugold Marching Band, and perform with several small ensembles and chamber groups. I serve as the administrative assistant for our band department and take part in several on-campus organizations including the National Band Association and the Collegiate National Association for Music Education. I also lead a music educator book club with several of my classmates!
What are your plans after graduation?
- After graduating, I plan to start my career as a middle or high school band director. I hope to explore various experiences and will likely end up living and working outside of Wisconsin for a portion of my career.
What is your favorite hobby or pastime?
- Outside of school, work, and making music with friends, you’ll likely find me outside at a park reading in a hammock or playing with my six nieces and nephews!
Anything else to share?
- I am so excited to meet the wonderful students at Patrick Marsh!
Band Yard Sign Maintenance
Keep sending those great pictures of your kids with the sign. We love to see them and share them! Has anyone illuminated their sign yet?? 😜
Spring Virtual Band Concert - Monday, April 26
Save the date and watch for more information to come!
Beyond The Notes Solo Festival Opportunity
This festival has been designed to provide an opportunity for 6th and 7th grade band students at Patrick Marsh and Prairie View Middle Schools to record a solo and receive expert feedback from a guest music educator.
Band students in 6th and 7th grades are eligible to participate.
April 16 - Solo Festival Registration Closes
April 23 - Solo recordings are due in Flipgrid
April 30 - Clinician feedback provided by this date
$5.00 to participate in this optional event. You will receive an invoice once you have completed the form below. Payment can be made online via credit card (preferred) or by check mailed to the address on the invoice. Cash not accepted. You will need to upload a PDF of your child's solo in order to complete the registration form.
Flipgrid Link To Record:
Missed A Band Lesson? New Make Up Procedure
Clearly, this is not as good as having a lesson with someone in person, however given our situation, it does provide the opportunity for us to still here your child and to provide some feedback.
In general, your kids are doing a GREAT job of remembering their lesson times. We are VERY proud of the work they have done and continue to do. We will review this option with your children but wanted you to know as well.
The TWO steps to make a up a lesson are:
1) Record the lesson assignment on the Flipgrid Link below.
2) Alert the lesson teacher that the recording has been made.
PMMS Band Staff