Lane Intermediate Community Message
April 13, 2018 Patriot Pride @LaneWAWM
Grade reports will be posted on Monday, April 16, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. To view your child's grade report, please follow the instructions below.
Go to www.wawm.k12.wi.us
Click on the Quick Link - Skyward
Enter your Login ID
Enter your password
Click on REPORT CARDS
If you have a question regarding a grade or comment, please email the teacher using Skyward.
If you do not have your Skyward Login information, call the Main Office @ 414-329-6600 for assistance.
Paper copies are available by request through the Main Office.
Happenings at Lane!
April 17 -- Lane PTA Meeting @ 6:00 in the cafe
April 17 -- 8th Grade Planning Committee Meeting following the PTA meeting
April 18 -- Lane Family Dine Out Night - MOD pizza New Berlin location Wednesday, April 18th open to close show below flyer so we can earn 20%!!
April 20 -- 8th Grade Semi-Formal 6:00-8:00
May 15 -- LPP Meeting 7:00-8:30
May 17 -- Choir Concert
May 18 -- Lane Multicultural Fair 1:00-3:00
May 18 -- Lane Global Citizen Festival
May 23 -- Band and Orchestra Concert
June 5 -- 8th Grade Completion Ceremony 6:30-8:00
June 6 -- 8th Grade Six Flags Great America Field Trip
8th Grade Updates
8th Grade Photos for Bulletin Board
Let's celebrate YOU and your classmates! Forward any pictures to email@example.com or print and hand in to me in the main office, that you'd like to be included on the "Memory LANE" bulletin board outside the main office. Please remember these should be school appropriate and photos taken at school events (dances, games, field trips, concerts etc) and should include you and your 8th grade friends...send some cute 6th and 7th grade pics before you all hit your "growth spurt" too.
8th Grade Semi- Formal
Friday, April 20th
Tuesday, June 5th
Lane Main Gym
Please take note that each 8th Grade Student receives 4 tickets (graduates do not need a ticket). Ticket restrictions allows us to accommodate all 185 8th Grade Students and to abide by fire code and gym capacity. Thanks for understanding!
Six Flags Great America Trip
Wednesday, June 6th
8th Grade Committee is covering the cost of transportation! :)
Fee to pay for ticket and lunch buffet is $43.00. The ticket includes a delicious all-you-can-eat picnic buffet.
Nathan Hale Pom/Dance Team Auditions for 2018-2019 School Year
Nathan Hale Pom/Dance Team Auditions
Tuesday, March 27th
Mandatory Pre-tryout Meeting (cafeteria)
Technique Workshop (upper gym)
Hale Dance Auditions
Tuesday, April 17th 6:00-8:00pm (aux gym)
Wednesday, April 18th 3:30-5:30pm (aux gym)
Thursday, April 19th Final auditions begin at 5:00pm (aux gym)
Questions, please email Coach Michelle Scherer firstname.lastname@example.org
Still looking for people to fill all our board positions!
We have a nominations for 1st Vice President - Beth Myers, Secretary - Carrie Zagzebski, and Treasurer - Cheryl Ramos.
There is no nomination as of yet for President please consider stepping up to help plan fun events and activities for our Lane Scholars!
Lane PTA Schedule for the remainder of the year
- Next Lane PTA meeting is Tuesday, April 17th at 6 pm in the cafeteria
- 8th Grade Planning Committee meeting Tuesday, April 17th following the PTA meeting
- Lane Family Dine Out Night - MOD pizza New Berlin location Wednesday, April 18th open to close show flyer so we can earn 20%!!
- 8th Grade Semi Formal Dance Friday April 20th 6:00 -8:00 pm
- April 23rd-27th Community Closet Donation Drive and Grade Level Challenge
- May 7th - 11th Staff Appreciation Week
- May 15th Last PTA meeting and elections for 2018-2019 board and budget proposal!!
- TBD May date Incredi-Roll Skating night
- Lane Family Dine Out Night - Oscars May Date to be announced
If you would like to run for any board position or have ideas for 2018-2019 school year please attend the April 17th meeting and/or contact email@example.com.
Lane Intermediate School will be hosting a Multicultural Fair. We would like for you as parents to participate with your child(ren) and house a table representing your culture. Here are some details about the fair:
Date of Event: Friday, May 18, 2018 1 to 3pm.
Location: Lane Intermediate School/1300 S. 109th St. West Allis, WI 53214
Ethnic food samples are permissible and will be labeled with ingredients.
Any cultural artifacts, food, displays, flags, music, art, posters, dance, educational information, cultural dress, and the like would be so welcome.
Tables will be set up in our auxiliary gym with the cultural representatives housing a table. Students will be able to walk through the gym and stop and talk to the representatives, sample food, play games, and ask questions and learn.
Lane has approximately 530 students total in grades 6,7, 8.
The theme of Lane's Multicultural Fair is WE ARE ONE WORLD.
Would you please participate? Please call or email me. We want to make this a wonderful event for our students as they grow and learn about culture. Thank you in advance.
Lane School Counselor
The Lane Makerspace is looking for household items that may no longer be working or needed from your home. Ideas might include marbles, puzzles, dominos, desktop computers, answering machines, craft items like glue guns or paints as well. We are attempting to build simple machines without batteries or electricity. If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Private Music Lessons
Private Music Lessons
Grade 3 to Adult
Have you ever wanted to learn to play an instrument? Piano, Guitar, Percussion (Drums)? Or any other Band Instrument?
Do you already play and wish to learn more?
This summer private music lessons are offered through the WAWM Recreation Department.
Lessons are offered Monday – Thursday from 6/12 -7/26 as early as 8am. – 4pm. at Frank Lloyd Wright
Please see the 2018 Summer Activity Guide or visit the website at www.wawmrec.com
If you have any questions contact Bob Halat at 1-414-604-4800 x7235 0r email: <email@example.com>
Clubs and Sports at Lane Intermediate
Times and dates for the following will be shared through the community message as well as by the staff leading the opportunities.
- Cross Country - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Boy's Basketball - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Girl's Basketball - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Wrestling - Season over for the 17-18 school year
- Girl's Volleyball - Please see Mr. Dooley
- Track - Please see Mr. Dooley
- Chess/Game Club - Wednesdays 3:00-4:15
- Student Council - In Progress
- School of Rock - Wednesdays 3:00 to 4:30
- Tech Club - Tuesdays 3:00-4:00
- Robotics Club - Coming Soon - Tuesdays 3:00-4:00
- Hallway Beautification Club
- Yearbook Club
- Math Club/Mathlete - In Progress...please see Mr. Kloiber
- Media Club - Thursdays 3:00-4:00
- Art Studio Club - Wednesdays 3:00-4:00
- Science Club - Tuesday and Thursdays 3:15-4:15
- FBLA - Wednesdays 3:00-4:00 (registration required....please see Mr. Napoli
- Lane Star Store - Meets 1 to 2 times per month during base group.
Students learn how to purchase, advertise, and sell items at our Lane Bookstore. Funky pens, erasers, notebooks, fidget toys, bouncy balls, scented markers, and more are sold during all three lunch hours on Wednesdays. Students run the store and check out student purchases on Wednesdays.
Lane Start Store Mission: Putting smiles on faces and donating profits to charities.
- SkillsUSA - SkillsUSA is a professional organization that encourages students development of personal, workplace and technical skills grounded in academics. Being a part of SkillsUSA will allow students the opportunity to get involved in the community and be connected with professionals in their field of interest. This is new to Lane this year and our middle school students, yet is established at the high school level. Anyone is welcome to join and some will be asked due to teacher recommendations. limit 10 students and it is run by Mrs. Ustruck. See her for details.
- Others to be announced.....
Please complete below Lane's Mid-Year Feedback Survey!
The Lane Building Leadership Team is asking our families to please provide us with feedback around something that is working well and/or a positive experience AND an opportunity for us to improve before the end of this current school year.