The Wildcat Wire
October 5th 2020 to October 9th 2020
PSAT & SAT WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 14TH
Students in 10th grade and 12th grade will be attending school in person on this day to take these state assessments.
Students will take the test at Columbia High School and busing will be provided.
Seniors will take the SAT. This was postponed from last spring due to COVID-19. The SAT is a required test for graduation.
Sophomore students will take the PSAT. This test is designed to prepare students for the SAT that they will take as juniors.
CHS ATTENDANCE POLICY
Students are expected to attend school and all scheduled classes. In accordance with school board policy, the administration has set the maximum absences a student may receive prior to potentially being denied credit.
- Students will be automatically denied credit upon reaching 6 absences in a course per semester.
- Any student missing 10+ consecutive days of school will be automatically unenrolled from Columbia High School.
- All absences are counted and included in determining whether the maximum absences have been exceeded (excluding school excused absences such as field trips, athletics and activities).
- Students will be able to petition for credit and/or earn back absences through Saturday School sessions (first session Saturday October 17th 9am - 11am)
- To report an absence please use firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information regarding attendance please email our attendance Dean, Mr. Beck (email@example.com)
In the news...
Homecoming Week: October 12th though 16th
- It's time for student's to sign up for the annual Homecoming Powder Puff game as participants and coaches. Each team, for each class, is limited to 12 players and 2 coaches. Each class can have multiple teams, however.
- Students must ALSO have a parental signed COVID release form that will be made available starting Thursday on the sign-up table in the downstairs B hallway. Please participate and make this years' Homecoming Week memorable!
- It's time for student's to start thinking about our Homecoming Parade! This year, students can submit a "Shoebox" float and there can be as many as possible per class! Points earned go toward the awarding of the Spirit Stick. Check out the picture examples of the floats at the information table, starting on Thursday, in the B hallway, downstairs!
- Homecoming Royalty voting takes place on Wednesday October 7th through Forms.
- ID badges are REQUIRED to be worn. If you need an ID badge, please visit the front office.
NEW IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENT FOR 2020-2021
The new 12th grade immunization requirement for meningococcal vaccine takes effect for the 2020-2021 school year, and each year thereafter. In addition to the required immunizations for Kindergarten, 1st, and 7th grade, 12th grade students must meet the following minimum immunization requirements prior to admission:
- Students who received their first dose of meningococcal (MenACWY) vaccine before the age of sixteen (16) must have two (2) doses of meningococcal (MenACWY) vaccine.
- Students who received their first dose of meningococcal (MenACWY) vaccine at sixteen (16) years of age and older, or those who have never received a dose, must have one (1) dose of meningococcal (MenACWY) vaccine.
A Look Ahead - Weekly Calendar
- No events scheduled
Tuesday October 6th
- 4:30PM Boys Junior Varsity Soccer - Caldwell High School (Away)
- 4:30PM Girls Sophomore Volleyball - Ridgevue High School (Away)
- 5:00 PM Girls Varsity Soccer - Caldwell High School (Home) *SENIOR NIGHT
- 5:30PM Girls Junior Varsity - Volleyball Ridgevue High School (Away)
- 6:00 PM Boys Varsity Soccer - Caldwell High School (Away)
- 6:30 PM Girls Varsity Volleyball - Ridgevue High School (Away)
- 4:30 PM Girls Sophomore Volleyball - Middleton Senior High School (Home)
- 5:30 PM Girls Junior Varsity Volleyball - Middleton Senior High School (Home)
- 6:30 PM Girls Junior Varsity Volleyball - Middleton Senior High School (Home)
- 4:00 PM Boys Junior Varsity Soccer - Ridgevue High School (Home)
- 4:30PM Girls Junior Varsity Soccer - Ridgevue High School (Away)
- 5:30 PM Boys Varsity Soccer - Ridgevue High School (Home) *SENIOR NIGHT
- 6:00 PM Boys Freshman Football - Vallivue High School (Home)
- 6:00 PM Girls Varsity Soccer - Ridgevue High School (Away)
October Dates to Know
Wednesday October 14th - PSAT (sophomores) & SAT (seniors)
Thursday October 15th - End of 1st Quarter
Friday October 16th - Teacher Work Day (NO SCHOOL)
Saturday October 17th - Saturday School (for students who need to make up time for absences)
Tuesday October 20th - Targeted Parent Teacher Conferences (you will be contacted if your student needs to have a parent-teacher conference)
Friday October 30th - Teacher Professional Development (NO SCHOOL)
Saturday October 31st - Saturday School (for students who need to make up time for absences)
**School year calendar will remain the same**