TJH Update #2
August 12, 2020
A Message from Dr. Mitzner
I know you have received lots of information about the upcoming school year. However, we compiled a few the frequently asked questions.
1. When will schedules be visible? Schedules will be visible in HAC-Home Access Center on the 17th.
2. What do students need to do to be ready leading up to the first day? Students need to make sure they can log into their My Katy Cloud and get to their Canvas account. Directions on how to do that can be found here. (Please go to page 4 for directions.) Teachers will be posting introductory videos on the 18th during the day so students can connect and see who their teachers are.
3. When will you have "Grab & Go" distribution of technology? You will receive reminders starting later this week on “Grab and Go” distribution requested technology devices. This distribution will happen on the 17th and 18th. Note: These communications will be sent via email and to only individuals who have made a technology request.
4. How do I request technology? CLICK HERE
5. When will you distribute textbooks? All content areas have an online textbook resource located in Canvas.
6. What do students need to do the first day? Students will log in to their Canvas account on the bell schedule on Wednesday, August 19th. They should log in a couple minutes before class starts to make sure they get the first day information. The link for their first period class will be posted on the Canvas page for that course.
7. What will learning look like the first day? Teachers will focus on making connections with students, learning names, and sharing about themselves and the course they teach.
8. What will the regular schedule be? The bell schedule listed in below is the schedule that will be followed for the first three weeks for KVA and intermittent online students. The schedule will be the same every day.
9. What should students expect for instruction? The same three elements will be present in all courses: instruction, practice, and assessment. Some days teachers will deliver instruction, some days they will assign work that needs to be completed during the period and some days they will give assessments. Teachers will use Canvas to ensure parents and students know what to expect for the coming week.
10. How will I know how to read the HAC schedule? We will be creating a short video to explain how to read the schedule in HAC. We will send it out and post it on our social media sites.
Hope this answers some of your questions as we lead up to the start of the 2020-21 school year! We will send more information before school starts!
Dr. Kris Mitzner
Tays Junior High
What about PTSA purchased School supplies and Spiritwear?
Parents who ordered school supplies through the PTSA will be able to pick-up their supplies during the Tays Junior High “Grab and Go” pick-up on 8/17 and 8/18. On a sheet of paper please print your student’s name(s), grade(s), parent name and display it in your passenger side window. (If you are enrolled in “KVA” please write KVA (Katy Virtual Academy). School supply pick-up will be available on Monday, August 17, and Tuesday, August 18 from 8:30-10:30 am and from 12:00-2:00 pm. Evening pick-up is only available on Monday, August 17 from 4:00-6:00 pm. Please contact Salma at email@example.com with questions.
Spirit Gear is tentatively scheduled for pick-up on August 31 and September 1. Details for Spirit Gear pick-up will be available closer to the pick-up dates.
SUPPORT OUR SCHOOL & GET SAVINGS FROM SHUTTERFLY!
If you order pictures or other items using our storefront, our school will earn money to use to support our programs. Please use this link to get to our page.