Clark Middle School
May 20th - May 26th
Monday, May 20
- Cougar PRIDE Store open for 6th graders 3:20-3:45pm in the Cafeteria.
- Orchestra Concert - 6:00pm at LTHS Auditorium.
Tuesday, May 21
- Senior Breakfast 7:45-8:45am in the Small Gym.
- Symphonic Orchestra goes to Peak Festival - 9:15am to 2:00pm.
- Cougar PRIDE Store open for 7th graders 3:20-3:45pm in the Cafeteria.
Wednesday, May 22
- Cougar PRIDE Store open for 8th graders 3:20-3:45pm in the Cafeteria.
- Full STEAM Ahead Workshop 3:40-4:0pm in Room 504 (Clark).
Thursday, May 23
- 8th Grade Picnic and Awards at Shawnee Trail Park. Awards are at 1:00pm.
- 6th & 7th Grade ARC Awards
Friday, May 24
- No School (Bad Weather Make Up Day)
Monday, May 27
- No School (Memorial Day)
Locker Clean Out
Lockers will not be used after locker clean out and NO items will be allowed on the last day of school, Thursday, May 30th. Students can only bring lunch that day.
New to Athletics Parent Meeting
End of School Events
Tuesday 5/21: Senior Breakfast 7:45-8:45am in the Small Gym.
Thursday 5/23: 8th Grade Picnic and Awards at Shawnee Trail Park. Awards are at 1:00pm.
Friday 5/24 & Mon 5/27: No School (Bad Weather Make up Day and Memorial Day).
Tuesday 5/28: Clarkapalooza 1:00-3:30pm. See eligibility requirements below.
Thursday 5/30: Last Day of School.
We are excited to announce that Clark MS will have Clarkapalooza in May 2019 to reward our hardworking students with an afternoon of fun and games! Clarkapalooza is an academic and behavioral incentive for the students, but in order to be eligible to attend, students must meet the following criteria beginning January 8, 2019:
- No Failing grades (Below a 70 in any class)
- No Thursday Night Reflection (TNR)
- No In School Suspension (ISS)
- No Out of School Suspension (OSS)
- No DAEP (Alternative School)
*We look forward to rewarding our students for their hard work and their great behavior!
Dress Code Reminder
Parents, please remember as the weather continues to warm up that students must always be in dress code at school. Jeans and shorts must be school appropriate and no shirts are allowed that show bare midriff.
"See-through, bare midriff, halter type, shoulder bearing, or spaghetti strap blouses or any revealing or low cut clothing is not permitted. Pants and other articles of clothing that are torn, ragged, frayed, or pants with holes must be below fingertip length."
To get more information about our dress code, please see the student handbook here.
Cougar Parent Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in helping us maintain the Prideland, we have upcoming opportunities where your presence would be greatly appreciated. We are looking for parent volunteers like yourself to run our upcoming Pride Store and maintain the flow of after-school dismissal. During the month of May we have available volunteer slots for various dates. Sign up to volunteer here!
Attention 6th Grade Parents:
Over the next several weeks, Nurse Thornton will be going through shot records and if any immunization is found to be missing, this letter will be mailed home. You can email, fax or drop off an updated copy of your student’s shot record to the school at any time. The updated shot record is not due until schedule pickup in the fall. Please note that your student will not be able to pick up their fall schedule without an updated shot record on file and your student will not be allowed to attend school without an updated shot record on file.
Please let Nurse Thornton know if you have any questions at email@example.com or 469-633-4608. Her fax number is 469-633-4628.